Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JAMM
Trying for More Ears

Just have chemistry tomorrow morning and then we can breath again... DS has stopped mentioning the maths disaster so hopefully his head is back in gear...
Less than 12 hours to go and counting
JAMM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
More Florida fun
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck this morning Chemistry exam takers! The finish line is almost here!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'm so excited...and I just cant hide it
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Good luck to todays exam takers!

English here - as in English as a foreign language so DS has done no revision He is actually looking forward to it!

Five more days to go!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Visiting my boy in Hong Kong:
Unread 19 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

How did everyone find OCR Chemistry today? DD has come out devastated. She went in really confident and prepared and found the first two exams absolutely fine but this one she said was horrific. Way too many questions and mathematical working out for the length of time they had and they were all so difficult to understand. Just hoping that she has done well in the first two so this one won't be too much of a disaster. She needs an A so the pressure is really on. Feel so sorry for her.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 Jun 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
How did everyone find OCR Chemistry today? DD has come out devastated. She went in really confident and prepared and found the first two exams absolutely fine but this one she said was horrific. Way too many questions and mathematical working out for the length of time they had and they were all so difficult to understand. Just hoping that she has done well in the first two so this one won't be too much of a disaster. She needs an A so the pressure is really on. Feel so sorry for her.
My son hated it too. He thought paper one was hard, paper two was easy and paper three Terrible. He was hoping for an A before the exams started but now thinks hell be lucky to get a B. Such a shame as he knew his stuff so incredibly well but never got a real chance to showcase what he knew. It also means Ill be doing research into other universities as clearing is a big possibility now.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My son hated it too. He thought paper one was hard, paper two was easy and paper three Terrible. He was hoping for an A before the exams started but now thinks hell be lucky to get a B. Such a shame as he knew his stuff so incredibly well but never got a real chance to showcase what he knew. It also means Ill be doing research into other universities as clearing is a big possibility now.
Exactly the same here. She went in there so confident as she has worked incredibly hard and now feels devastated that it has all seemed for nothing. She needs AAA for her VetMed place.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Exactly the same here. She went in there so confident as she has worked incredibly hard and now feels devastated that it has all seemed for nothing. She needs AAA for her VetMed place.
Twitter and student room shows the consensus was that it was an awful exam so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower - just going to be a long wait now. My son needs AAB for his biochemistry course but...who knows what hell get.

At the moment hes just delighted to have finished and said what ever grades he gets hell not repeat this year. Hes currently packing for his first lads holiday on Friday. Something else for me to worry about 🙄
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I am sorry the chemistry exam was horrible. Seems to be a bit of a theme for the A levels this year

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Visiting my boy in Hong Kong:
Ocean Florida