Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 19 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Basset View Post
If staying at the Hilton in the centre of Liverpool any suggestions for best shuttle / cab options ?
Your easiest route is to walk to Liverpool One bus station, a few minutes away, and catch the 26 Shiel Road bus. They're every 10 mins and should take about 20 minutes to get to the ground.

You could also walk to St George's Hall, which is further away, but from there you can catch the 917 express to the ground with other fans.

There's loads of black cabs you can hop in to, should cost no more than 10. Just make sure the meter is running and doesn't have an X on it. Most cabbies are brilliant, but one or two have been known to scam people heading to Anfield.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NYC Redux
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ah OK thanks so much guys!

Anyone any idea what time itll finish? I wouldve thought being a residential area it would have had to be done by 10ish?

Want to make sure we can make the last train home!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The Stagecoach 917 to the ground runs from 4pm

Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11...GOT MARRIED ON THE BEACH * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February 18 * POR September '19 a party of 4!
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Crowd surfing through Galaxy's Edge in..
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Ah OK thanks so much guys!

Anyone any idea what time itll finish? I wouldve thought being a residential area it would have had to be done by 10ish?

Want to make sure we can make the last train home!
Its usually around 10.30pm
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP
Unread 19 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Apprentice Imagineer

Doors open - 5pm, and Hospitality doors are also 5pm;
Concert commences - The Main Act begins at 6.30pm;

Finish - 10.30pm.
This is from the website
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ with the grandkids!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney

Above is what the residents have received from Anfield.

There is a small car park on Utting Avenue (facing the Co Op) which is open (think its around 10 a car). Please note that the residents parking zone dates have been extended until the end of June and the traffic wardens were all out issuing fines when Take That played the other week. Its already busy around here and people have been parking up since 8am this morning. Hope you all enjoy the concert, been listening to sound checks for a while.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Pinkjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Somewhere new next...
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ with the grandkids!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses
We were ok getting the bus there, and left before the encore so were fine getting back (I know we probably missed the best bit!)

My brother came to meet us later on as he had to work, he said the queue for the busses was huge but he got to us fairly quickly.

I thought Bon Jovi were amazing, but I dont think I would attend another concert at Anfield.

The ratio of pitch available for general standing was way too small. We were eligible for standing, but if our section had gone down there we would have been crushed. I saw a fight break out (happens) but security took so long to get to them it was ridiculous - especially considering they were pretty much next to it!

Only 1 till on the entire row of snack bars was taking cash, again ridiculous as all of them were open. Why were they only taking cards?

Finally, the sound and accoustics were really bad - in fact completely shocking in parts!

Ive been to concerts at the Ethiad and Old Trafford Cricket Ground, as well as other outdoor venues and theyve always handled it so much better.

Its a shame really, although my Dad really enjoyed himself so that was a good thing