Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
Sunset girl
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Sunset girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13
Doors open - 5pm, and Hospitality doors are also 5pm;
Concert commences - The Main Act begins at 6.30pm;

Finish - 10.30pm.
This is from the website
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney
 
Pinkjojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Above is what the residents have received from Anfield.

There is a small car park on Utting Avenue (facing the Co Op) which is open (think itís around £10 a car). Please note that the residents parking zone dates have been extended until the end of June and the traffic wardens were all out issuing fines when Take That played the other week. Itís already busy around here and people have been parking up since 8am this morning. Hope you all enjoy the concert, been listening to sound checks for a while.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Pinkjojo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Loads on this year
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
Sunset girl
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Sunset girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 13
I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses

Edited at 02:26 PM.
Sunset girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Gill635
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I thought the sound was a bit off last night, but that could of been where we were seated in the new stand..
all in all a great concert and a great venue!
We parked at the bingo off county road and walked through Stanley park
Did anyone have any issues getting to Anfield from town? I read that there were some issues with the buses
We were ok getting the bus there, and left before the encore so weíre fine getting back (I know we probably missed the best bit!)

My brother came to meet us later on as he had to work, he said the queue for the busses was huge but he got to us fairly quickly.

I thought Bon Jovi were amazing, but I donít think I would attend another concert at Anfield.

The ratio of pitch available for general standing was way too small. We were eligible for standing, but if our section had gone down there we would have been crushed. I saw a fight break out (happens) but security took so long to get to them it was ridiculous - especially considering they were pretty much next to it!

Only 1 till on the entire row of snack bars was taking cash, again ridiculous as all of them were open. Why were they only taking cards?

Finally, the sound and accoustics were really bad - in fact completely shocking in parts!

Iíve been to concerts at the Ethiad and Old Trafford Cricket Ground, as well as other outdoor venues and theyíve always handled it so much better.

Itís a shame really, although my Dad really enjoyed himself so that was a good thing
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Whales, The Wilderness & Walt
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
batleyboy26
Imagineer
 
batleyboy26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
We were ok getting the bus there, and left before the encore so weíre fine getting back (I know we probably missed the best bit!)

My brother came to meet us later on as he had to work, he said the queue for the busses was huge but he got to us fairly quickly.

I thought Bon Jovi were amazing, but I donít think I would attend another concert at Anfield.

The ratio of pitch available for general standing was way too small. We were eligible for standing, but if our section had gone down there we would have been crushed. I saw a fight break out (happens) but security took so long to get to them it was ridiculous - especially considering they were pretty much next to it!

Only 1 till on the entire row of snack bars was taking cash, again ridiculous as all of them were open. Why were they only taking cards?

Finally, the sound and accoustics were really bad - in fact completely shocking in parts!

Iíve been to concerts at the Ethiad and Old Trafford Cricket Ground, as well as other outdoor venues and theyíve always handled it so much better.

Itís a shame really, although my Dad really enjoyed himself so that was a good thing
So glad I didnít go this time from the sound of it.

I donít know how many Bon Jovi concerts Iíve been to over the last 20 years or so but itís been every time theyíve been in the UK in that time. This time, I just wasnít paying the cheapest price for what we assumed would be rubbish setting up in the Ďgodsí. We went to a Bon Jovi show at Etihad a good few years ago and we were on the very top/back row and had no idea what song was being played/sung as we could not hear a thing! We walked out half way through the concert and I wasnít prepared to pay a fortune for a decent ticket at this show.

Although I still love their songs, I think the days of going to see them live are now gone.
__________________
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay

Edited at 08:40 PM.
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Yorkshire Dales lodge with hot tub
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Gill635
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
So glad I didnít go this time from the sound of it.

I donít know how many Bon Jovi concerts Iíve been to over the last 20 years or so but itís been every time theyíve been in the UK in that time. This time, I just wasnít paying the cheapest price for what we assumed would be rubbish setting up in the Ďgodsí. We went to a Bon Jovi show at Etihad a good few years ago and we were on the very top/back row and had no idea what song was being played/sung as we could not hear a thing! We walked out half way through the concert and I wasnít prepared to pay a fortune for a decent ticket at this show.

Although I still love their songs, I think the days of going to see them live are now gone.
Donít get me wrong with all my moaning, the band themselves were great. That stadium just isnít suitable (in my opinion) for concerts. They certainly werenít prepared.

Iíd go see them again, just god I didnít get tickets for Pink!

If you had golden circle you wouldíve been great. There was a ton of room!
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Whales, The Wilderness & Walt
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
batleyboy26
Imagineer
 
batleyboy26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Donít get me wrong with all my moaning, the band themselves were great. That stadium just isnít suitable (in my opinion) for concerts. They certainly werenít prepared.

Iíd go see them again, just god I didnít get tickets for Pink!

If you had golden circle you wouldíve been great. There was a ton of room!
Iím not surprised there was a ton of room in the gold circle - the tickets in there were SOOO expensive. The cheapest tickets were in excess of £100!
__________________
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Yorkshire Dales lodge with hot tub
Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
Gill635
Imagineer
 
Gill635's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 06

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow really?

They clearly hadnít sold many, but the pitch was split 50/50 between gold circle and general standing. The general standing also had 2 sets of scaffolding areas in for lighting, cameras, security etc so you can imaging how much more cramped it was!

Honestly, it was such a good job that not everyone entitled to general standing decided to stand. There were WAY more people than there was space. Every row of unallocated seating was full, and they were all eligible to stand there
__________________
Gill635 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Whales, The Wilderness & Walt
Reply With Quote
Reply
Eat and Play Card

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Dapper Dans
On 31st May 2020
Check out this new video of the Dapper Dans from Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park Dapper... Read More »
Posted in Pandora
On 30th May 2020
Disney has released a video celebrating the third anniversary of Pandora: The World of Avatar... Read More »
Posted in Universal Studios
On 29th May 2020
As part of the phased reopening after the covid-19 shutdown, Universal Orlando has announced that... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2131
Covent Garden FX  $1.2083
M&S  $1.2002
Sainsburys  $1.2063
TESCO  $1.1897
Travelex  $1.2028
Updated: 21:30 31/05/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits...

Upgrade Now


Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0909
Covent Garden FX  €1.0865
M&S  €1.0785
Sainsburys  €1.0856
TESCO  €1.0700
Travelex  €1.0838
Updated: 21:30 31/05/2020