Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Do you have to ring flying club as I can only see purchase miles plus bonus on my flying club page , nothing about boosting a booked flight ?
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Infinity pool in Sicily :)
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
All 6 resorts completed!

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Do you have to ring flying club as I can only see purchase miles plus bonus on my flying club page , nothing about boosting a booked flight ?
If it's a flight you have already taken then you have to call FC. If it's a future booking then log into your FC account, click "my flights", click "manage this booking" and the miles booster should be a third of way down the page underneath your flight dates/times.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,20 California-06,10,11,15 Vegas 12,13,15 New York- 05,08,12,17 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19
Cabbie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Niagara and Toronto
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If you log into the Flying Club then go to your account and then your flights.
Click to open up the page and as you scroll down you will see 'bid for an upgrade' and further down is 'boost your miles'
That opens up another tab and you have multifarious options of how much to boost.

Edit. Must type faster than Cabbie.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
If it's a flight you have already taken then you have to call FC. If it's a future booking then log into your FC account, click "my flights", click "manage this booking" and the miles booster should be a third of way down the page underneath your flight dates/times.

-Steve
Thanks Steve, so Im on manage my booking and it shows the 4 of us so one more question, Does it boost everyones whos on the flight or do you have to do everyones separate ? Ie 269 each person ?
Our youngest only has our last flight as flying club as they never did it for under 12s until recently so hes way behind us.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
All 6 resorts completed!

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Steve, so Im on manage my booking and it shows the 4 of us so one more question, Does it boost everyones whos on the flight or do you have to do everyones separate ? Ie 269 each person ?
I've only ever done it when flying solo so cannot answer the question, however, FC T&C's say the following;

For reservations with multiple passengers, each passenger may be eligible to purchase miles through Miles Booster, but these transactions are to be processed individually.

Miles purchased through Miles Booster will be tied to the Flying Club account number associated with the flown flights. To be eligible to purchase, Flying Club Members must have a single-member Flying Club account number.

I'm sure Mr Tom will know the answer as he always flies with his wife.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,20 California-06,10,11,15 Vegas 12,13,15 New York- 05,08,12,17 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19
Cabbie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Niagara and Toronto
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
I've only ever done it when flying solo so cannot answer the question, however, FC T&C's say the following;

For reservations with multiple passengers, each passenger may be eligible to purchase miles through Miles Booster, but these transactions are to be processed individually.

Miles purchased through Miles Booster will be tied to the Flying Club account number associated with the flown flights. To be eligible to purchase, Flying Club Members must have a single-member Flying Club account number.

I'm sure Mr Tom will know the answer as he always flies with his wife.

-Steve
It's done individually. So for our May flight I boosted my flight and my Wife boosted hers.

Done via our own FC account even though both of us were showing on each others account.
Thus I log into my account and can boost my flight but can't do my Wife's and vice versa.

Just a bit more labour intensive to do each one separately thats all.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It's done individually. So for our May flight I boosted my flight and my Wife boosted hers.

Done via our own FC account even though both of us were showing on each others account.
Thus I log into my account and can boost my flight but can't do my Wife's and vice versa.

Just a bit more labour intensive to do each one separately thats all.
Thanks Tom , thats great . I might just boost the youngest then so he catches us up . Its a shame I dont have a spare 1k to do us all though .
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Tom , thats great . I might just boost the youngest then so he catches us up . Its a shame I dont have a spare 1k to do us all though .
I need to boost mine as I have dropped to 88000 whereas my Wife is at 200000.

We are currently holding 3 flights each so may boost all of mine and 1 of my Wife's. Decisions decisions.

I agree with your rationale ref your youngest. Best to have parity across all accounts if you can.

As an aside you can even boost Miles flights plus free ones. We flew this May on downgrade vouchers so paid nothing at all. Still boosted.

Kissimmee Swamp Tours