Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Do you have to ring flying club as I can only see purchase miles plus bonus on my flying club page , nothing about boosting a booked flight ?
If you log into the Flying Club then go to your account and then your flights.
Click to open up the page and as you scroll down you will see 'bid for an upgrade' and further down is 'boost your miles'
That opens up another tab and you have multifarious options of how much to boost.

Edit. Must type faster than Cabbie.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
If it's a flight you have already taken then you have to call FC. If it's a future booking then log into your FC account, click "my flights", click "manage this booking" and the miles booster should be a third of way down the page underneath your flight dates/times.

-Steve
Thanks Steve, so I’m on manage my booking and it shows the 4 of us so one more question, Does it boost everyone’s who’s on the flight or do you have to do everyone’s separate ? Ie £269 each person ?
Our youngest only has our last flight as flying club as they never did it for under 12’s until recently so he’s way behind us.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Steve, so I’m on manage my booking and it shows the 4 of us so one more question, Does it boost everyone’s who’s on the flight or do you have to do everyone’s separate ? Ie £269 each person ?
I've only ever done it when flying solo so cannot answer the question, however, FC T&C's say the following;

For reservations with multiple passengers, each passenger may be eligible to purchase miles through Miles Booster, but these transactions are to be processed individually.

Miles purchased through Miles Booster will be tied to the Flying Club account number associated with the flown flights. To be eligible to purchase, Flying Club Members must have a single-member Flying Club account number.

I'm sure Mr Tom will know the answer as he always flies with his wife.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
I've only ever done it when flying solo so cannot answer the question, however, FC T&C's say the following;

For reservations with multiple passengers, each passenger may be eligible to purchase miles through Miles Booster, but these transactions are to be processed individually.

Miles purchased through Miles Booster will be tied to the Flying Club account number associated with the flown flights. To be eligible to purchase, Flying Club Members must have a single-member Flying Club account number.

I'm sure Mr Tom will know the answer as he always flies with his wife.

-Steve
It's done individually. So for our May flight I boosted my flight and my Wife boosted hers.

Done via our own FC account even though both of us were showing on each others account.
Thus I log into my account and can boost my flight but can't do my Wife's and vice versa.

Just a bit more labour intensive to do each one separately thats all.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It's done individually. So for our May flight I boosted my flight and my Wife boosted hers.

Done via our own FC account even though both of us were showing on each others account.
Thus I log into my account and can boost my flight but can't do my Wife's and vice versa.

Just a bit more labour intensive to do each one separately thats all.
Thanks Tom , that’s great . I might just boost the youngest then so he catches us up . It’s a shame I don’t have a spare £1k to do us all though .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks Tom , that’s great . I might just boost the youngest then so he catches us up . It’s a shame I don’t have a spare £1k to do us all though .
I need to boost mine as I have dropped to 88000 whereas my Wife is at 200000.

We are currently holding 3 flights each so may boost all of mine and 1 of my Wife's. Decisions decisions.

I agree with your rationale ref your youngest. Best to have parity across all accounts if you can.

As an aside you can even boost Miles flights plus free ones. We flew this May on downgrade vouchers so paid nothing at all. Still boosted.

Old 18 Jun 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I need to boost mine as I have dropped to 88000 whereas my Wife is at 200000.

We are currently holding 3 flights each so may boost all of mine and 1 of my Wife's. Decisions decisions.

I agree with your rationale ref your youngest. Best to have parity across all accounts if you can.

As an aside you can even boost Miles flights plus free ones. We flew this May on downgrade vouchers so paid nothing at all. Still boosted.
I assume that this is a good way to get miles . How does it compare to the offer to buy miles
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I assume that this is a good way to get miles . How does it compare to the offer to buy miles
Much much better. Popping out for an hour or so but if nobody responds I will do the mathematical calculation when I am back.

Edit. To just buy Miles with the current 20% bonus offer that is for 10000 to 29000 Miles its £150 for 10000 Miles plus the 2000 bonus free Miles.

Bad deal!

Edited at 11:22 AM.
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Wondering if I've been missing a trick here as I've never spent cash to boost miles for any flights.

Do regular Virgin flyers do this routinely, even when there isn't a bonus on?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m considering it. I can get 34566 for £246.90. It seems a lot just now but I may be glad of it when booking next years flights. What do people think?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List