Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Unread 18 Jun 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Excited about Disney

My solicitors have been awful as well. No communication, solicitor dealing with house purchase left and we were not notified. They missed documents and said it was never received but I found out they had. The guy that took over was as useful as a chocolate teapot and wouldn't even return my calls or emails. I kept going in there asking what was going on and in the end, sent a stinging email to a senior partner detailing their incompetence and was advised a new solicitor was taking over and she got things moving within a day of starting with the company.

I would not recommend this particular solicitors to anyone in a month of Sundays.
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 2019
Unread 18 Jun 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

All the time with the C**p excuses they provide their "clients" with! Oh you meant conveyancing. Lol!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have said, follow the complaints procedure and I think if youre not happy you can then complain to the Legal Ombudsman, although I think the person you complain about has to be a Solicitor and often the people doing conveyancing are not.

Its annoyingly when lawyers dont treat their clients properly, gives the rest of us a bad name.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BerkshireBugsy
VIP Dibber

Thank you all.

I have had an email from the solicitor herself explaining that there had been issues with a sick relative which has got in the way of her work and the stand in at the office had also been off due to personal reasons.

This was a red rag to a bull. I do sympathise if she had family issues but it shouldn't get in the way of the basic right of a client to kn ow what is happening with their engagement.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

Never had a good experience with conveyancing or other matters. Currently trying to evict a tenant in a buy to let property and solicitor is slower than the letting agents, who are dire, real headache!
Good luck with your complaint and I hope you get it sorted.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BerkshireBugsy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
As others have said, follow the complaints procedure and I think if youre not happy you can then complain to the Legal Ombudsman, although I think the person you complain about has to be a Solicitor and often the people doing conveyancing are not.

Its annoyingly when lawyers dont treat their clients properly, gives the rest of us a bad name.
Sadly this is true of a lot of professions not just the legal sector.
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
slightly serious Dibber

See, every time Ive dealt with conveyancing solicitors (either buying or selling) theyd been less than helpful and often not very proactive in contacting you or passing things on so you have to do a lot of the chasing to get things done. I have come to accept that this the way of conveyancers in general as virtually everyone else I know reports the same experience. Not very helpful I know, sorry OP!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big Fat 40@Contemporary & Portofino Bay
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a secretary in the conveyancing department of a firm of solicitors, a job I hate. I'd hate to do the solicitors job even more though. It's very complex and very highly pressurised. I had no idea of the complexities until doing this job. On top of that estate agents are a pain, frequently ringing for updates as they want their commission.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Attraction Tickets Direct