Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aitchieaitchie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!
You obviously like paying over the top for airport hotel and parking. So much cheaper if you book it when you book flights. We got T4 Premier inn 34 and T2/3 Long stay 16 nights 76.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

My irrational panic is that when we get to check in it will be a) wrong date, b) they don't have our details. I also completely understand the compulsion to check things in the middle of the night. Never used to get like this so I've put it down to being a woman of a certain age!

As far as I'm concerned the holiday only starts once the plane has taken off.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Waiting for a sale to book for 2020...
Unread 19 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
You obviously like paying over the top for airport hotel and parking. So much cheaper if you book it when you book flights. We got T4 Premier inn 34 and T2/3 Long stay 16 nights 76.
Yes - that's exactly it. I enjoy paying more for something whenever I can and actively find ways to pay as much as I can for everything I buy.

You're very astute and have seen right through me there!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aitchieaitchie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
My irrational panic is that when we get to check in it will be a) wrong date, b) they don't have our details. I also completely understand the compulsion to check things in the middle of the night. Never used to get like this so I've put it down to being a woman of a certain age!

As far as I'm concerned the holiday only starts once the plane has taken off.
No for me the holiday starts when the given lock code works on the villa key lock box and the front door key is released. I am not good at trusting people, you hear all these horror stories ...
Unread 19 Jun 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Every single holiday we have, I love all the planning putting together, getting a deal etc etc. then the nearer it gets the more I start to question everything. Getting in the car to drive to the airport I am almost hyperventilating with the fear of what I have forgotten or not done correctly or will we get to the airport in time etc etc...
We have been going to Canada every February for the last 15 years & still I feel like I have described - I have no idea why!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I'm so glad I'm on the dibb- everything you have described here is just how I feel- am totally reassured that I'm not the only one!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I m still 6 weeks out... ask me again in 5 weeks and i ll be jumping up walls
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
adults only trip
Unread 19 Jun 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Not sure thats always the case, unless you are travelling at a time when all the LHR hotels are busy. There are so many hotels at Heathrow they cant always fill them. Ive got four star hotels a number of times with one month to go. My price point is around 40. Im happy at a PI too but I like those a little bit cheaper. Also, booking flights isnt always something I do massively in advance. Our last holiday I was still fiddling with dates and destinations six weeks before we went.

DDD - have a great holiday!

Edited at 06:01 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando and...