Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

We have the same countdown and Im like you starting to double check everything that I have already double checked. Thank goodness I do though as realised I had booked HRH a month later than we want it! Thankfully it was free cancellation so. I could correct it - although changed to RPR. Started writing out things to do before we go list and things to pack list. Then I shall have to scrub the house before we go because obviously Im insane as Ive lived with the mess thus far!

I often do the Disney dance too - my dogs like to join in.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fabulous 50th Florida Fandango!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
For me it's the night before I have a total freak out. Every single year. So if you are looking down at my countdown... Yup. We go tomorrow and I am on here trying to DIBB myself out of a complete panic, so I was immediately drawn to this thread!

I do it every year. I know its totally irrational. But I still do it.

At the moment I am finding multiple reasons not to go at all.

Just keep Dibbing, just keep dibbing, just keep dibbing...
This is me i spend so long planning our trip and absolutly love doing all the research and making sure we are well prepared and then a couple of weeks before we go i start regretting even going at all. Doesnt matter where we are going im always the same. Had to pay the balance off on our disney hotel yesterday so now the bank balance is looking rather sparse and i cant help thinking have we done the right thing 😕.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Hopefully CBR this time..
Unread 20 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Imagineer

Mobile

I was the same when before we went away. I kept checking & re-checking all ESTAs, passports, documents, but every time they were out of reach (when at work for example), Id worry that somewhere Id made some huge mistake & wed be denied boarding or something! In the end all was fine, except that DH forgot his credit card when he swapped to a different wallet! Fortunately I had mine in case of emergencies!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always have dreams where we are there and it's the last day and we haven't been to any of the parks and are panicking.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge

2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villas
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Doing the Highlands Fling
Unread 20 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Yet another vote for lists - mine are in spreadsheet format.

I dont panic but I start to wonder why Im putting myself through the long tedious journey (particularly daft because I quite enjoy the journey ), what I could be doing at home during the 2 weeks, how much its costing, etc.

As soon as I close the front door and set off on the drive to Gatwick I get excited.

I just go with the flow now - I know Ill feel like this in the weeks before I go. As long as Ive got the vitals - passport, esta, hotel and flight confirmations, insurance, meds and money (all in handbag & easy to check) Im ok. Anything else I forget, I can get over there.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I always have dreams where we are there and it's the last day and we haven't been to any of the parks and are panicking.
I haven't recently booked my flights for next year and I had a dream the other night I got an Email saying TC where being bought out by another company and the would not honour our flights or give us refunds.

And! I have also had the dream where my mum comes to collect us to go the airport and I am running around like a lunatic because I forgot to pack then end up missing the flight.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Together!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

All fine now. 😃

On the train and on our way

And... breathe

scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1 week Anna Maria then 15 nights Villa
Unread 20 Jun 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Nah. Five weeks to go and we still haven't booked many aspects of the holiday...

- Heathrow hotel
- Heathrow parking
- Car to get from Tampa to the Beach Club
- Whatever we are going to do with the last 11 nights of our holiday - in the mix are the Contemporary for a few days, a Disney cruise, and an AirBnb on the Gulf coast

Whatever we choose for those last 11 nights will also require a/some car hires etc too.

And before all that I expect to book and take a cheeky week away to either Orlando or New York with my daughter to fly out on the 5th July.

Panic schmanic!
Getting my ≈≈≈≈ into gear today. So far...

Crowne Plaza and parking at Heathrow booked
4-night Disney Dream cruise on August 9th booked

I might go for the hat-trick and book a car to get us from Tampa to the Beach Club.

That'll be enough for one day!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Making it up as we go along
Ocean Florida