Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
US Rent A Car
Unread 19 Jun 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
As a side note, I would suggest that you don't rely on the memory maker and take plenty of photos yourself. We found it to be very 'hit and miss'; we encountered some really friendly, enthusiastic photographers and some really grumpy ones too, and the quality of the photos ranged from good to very poor. We were particularly disappointed with some of the photos from the character encounters - many were just too dark and of poor composition, and because of the way the encounters are set up, the photographers were often still engaged with the previous party when my daughter was first meeting the character, hence that 'spontaneous' shot of the initial meeting was missed altogether.
Agree with the above.

Our Memory Maker photos when we met Minnie Mouse once were terrible. They were so dark you could hardly see anything. My own photos were much better (and I'm far from being an expert!).

I think some of the photographers are just regular CMs who have been given a day or two of training, that's all. They won't necessarily be qualified and have years of experience.

However, for something you get for free with the Ultimate tickets, it's well worth the money!
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 19 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

OP hope you dont mind me asking a quick related question?... is there any way of knowing which photographers will do the magic shots? I have seen so many clever shots since we returned and felt a bit frustrated that I didnt know about these!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
OP hope you dont mind me asking a quick related question?... is there any way of knowing which photographers will do the magic shots? I have seen so many clever shots since we returned and felt a bit frustrated that I didnt know about these!
Have a look at Disney PhotoPass Service facebook page, under photos there are some albums with magic shots currently available in the different parks. Take a look at this link as well
wdwprepschool/magic-shots-at-disney-world/
Lily8 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Have a look at Disney PhotoPass Service facebook page, under photos there are some albums with magic shots currently available in the different parks. Take a look at this link as well
wdwprepschool/magic-shots-at-disney-world/
Thats all really useful- thank you so much!
Unread 21 Jun 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Brilliant tips, thank you everyone!
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not long now!
Unread 21 Jun 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2014 when we had this the ride photos just showed up on our mde. is this the same now or do you have to scan your bands somewhere?
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lifes a Beach Club
Unread 21 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
In 2014 when we had this the ride photos just showed up on our mde. is this the same now or do you have to scan your bands somewhere?
Certain rides like SDMT and SDD automatically post a 'video' onto your MDE account (as long as you are wearing a fully functional magic band).

Most of the other rides you are required to tap your ticket or magic band to register the snap to your account
Unread 21 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I just always asked for magic shots as it doesnt take more than a minute to do along with your normal photo. We saw the balloon one on Facebook so we just asked at Hollywood if she had it, she said she didnt but thought her colleague did - quick hop over and she did! So if you see something no harm in asking if they have it or if they know where to find it.
We got engaged in front of the castle and I pretty much could make a real life video from the amount of photos she took! She didnt even know but must have seen him get the ring out.

Be on the watch out for the photographs that blend in! Especially in animal kingdom, Im sure the uniform camouflages them. You tend to get more interaction from the ones that arent busy. You easily miss them if your in a rush along with everyone else. Its easier to spot them when theres a queue. But definitely some of the best photos we got were from the photographers that no one was at.

Best tip: If you want something specific just ask.

Unexpected Return
Ocean Florida