Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Ocean Florida
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Wow, puppy comes tomorrow ... a bit late to think of this! As others have said, high up is your best bet.
Please be vigilant, cat food will not be good for the pup, it is too protein heavy and rich...at best you will have to deal with sickness and diarrhoea, at worst kidney problems...

Good luck!
Reykjavik, Budapest, Berlin, California, Tennessee, New York, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Toronto, Vancouver, Whistler,Prague, Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Brussels, Amsterdam, Canaries, Rome, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Macau,Hong Kong, Myanmar, Helsinki, Athens, Norway
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
iceland self drive round the island
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Getting Excited

we have 2 dogs and 3 cats,the youngest is 11 and oldest is 14,and food is just left on the floor and eaten as they want it,when the bowls are empty I refill them and they may occassionly eat each others food,but there is no fighting or gobbling of food,I was told it wouldnt work but couldnt be bothered separating them all the time so decided to give it a go and it worked,the trick seemed to making sure there is always food out,they only take what they need and leave the rest
britishgirl is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Weve had our 10 month kitty for about a month now after losing our Rosie a few months ago.
Tomorrow were hopefully going to be picking up our new puppy.

But my question is, how do you stop the dog from eating the cats food?
Right now its just in a bowl next to her scratch post thing and is left out til it needs refilling.

May sound like a stupid question but weve never had a cat and dog at the same time lol
Had a 10 month old cat for 1 month and now introducing a puupy to the household, fingers crossed they get on and dont get distressed .

Do you have baby gates to prevent the puppy going into the kittens safe zone ?

What breed of puppy are you getting ?
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida 2019 Trip
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We are moving house soon and will have this problem. Due to the layout of this house, we can keep the cats food away from the dog but won't be able to in the new one. I think I will have to put her food on the worktop in the utility room. Hope she doesn't eat his food though as he's a grazer so food always down!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!

Edited at 07:47 PM.
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai winter sun!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
We are moving house soon and will have this problem. Due rob the layout of this house, we can keep the cats food away from the dog but won't be able to in the new one. I think I will have to put her food on the worktop in the utility room. Hope she doesn't eat his food though as he's a grazer so food always down!
Your dog is a grazer? My goodness, I didn't think dogs like that existed (I only have experience of pugs though and they are VERY greedy).
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Your dog is a grazer? My goodness, I didn't think dogs like that existed (I only have experience of pugs though and they are VERY greedy).
I know! I had a golden retriever growing up so I was shocked! My SIL got a dog before us and he is the same and I thought it was very odd, then ours us the same! He gobbles extra treats down though!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai winter sun!
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
We are moving house soon and will have this problem. Due to the layout of this house, we can keep the cats food away from the dog but won't be able to in the new one. I think I will have to put her food on the worktop in the utility room. Hope she doesn't eat his food though as he's a grazer so food always down!
Snap, my little fur baby is a grazer as well. He's such a pampered little pooch.
Unread 19 Jun 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

My boxer never eats the cat food, they are in separate rooms and when Bella was small we told her no. Now I dont even think about it she just never eats it...
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneys Beach Club
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less