Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Closed Thread
Unread 2 Jun 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
happyplanet
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Premium economy. Worth it?

As the title says. We are going back to Disney next August, flying with Thomas Cook and considering premium economy. They only have availability for the return flight. Having never flown PC I was wondering what it would include and wether you felt it was worth upgrading.
happyplanet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
On our way...
Unread 2 Jun 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by happyplanet View Post
As the title says. We are going back to Disney next August, flying with Thomas Cook and considering premium economy. They only have availability for the return flight. Having never flown PC I was wondering what it would include and wether you felt it was worth upgrading.
We have flown many times in PE and was lucky to get an upgrade a couple of times to club with BA
This year it was we ether go economy or not at all with TC.
So if you have the money then go for it you won't regret it

Edited at 12:59 PM.
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR &Cabana Bay our happy place
Unread 2 Jun 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
slightly serious Dibber

We flew PE with TC last year outbound(free due to a aircraft change) but unfortunately never received the full premium package just the premium seating .Returned economy and found the leg room in economy very good( 6 footer)and armrest actually lift up ( they don't in PE) which was actually a benefit
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Jun 16, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
VIP Dibber

We've had Premium with Thomson which was really lovely and have chosen PE with Thomas Cook this time as we have my SIL with us whose health condition leaves her exhausted. We thought the shorter wait times and extras would help her get through the journey .

This is always one of those questions which is based on what you consider to be value for money and will always get mixed responses.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
His 1st - My 4th - 3 weeks of Paradise
Unread 2 Jun 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ruddian
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by happyplanet View Post
It depends how much extra it is? We ate flying back next year with TC PE because it was only approx 50 each more
ruddian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 2 Jun 16, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Apprentice Imagineer

Can only comment on Virgin PE personally... yes, you get a slightly wider seat, but the armrests are fixed - so may not be ideal for say a parent who wanted to raise the armrest to let a small child lie down in their seat / on parents lap.

Food is a bit better than Economy, but still nothing to really write home about. The big advantage is the smaller cabin downstairs / in the bubble & the fact that the downstairs PE passengers are off the plane very fast - can save you some time if the immigration hall is busy.

A friend who flew PE on Virgin recently described it [the extra legroom / enhanced service] as "making the difference". So it all depends on how much you think this difference is worth - could the cash be better spent in Orlando?
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Mako... Mako me crazy!
Unread 2 Jun 16, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

It does really depend on the price you get it for, we've flown in economy and Pe with TC and there's not that much extra legroom. You get to board first and have priority luggage, free drinks, better IFE and you're supposed to be off the plane quicker but when we flew to New York last month it was a free for all and we waited a while to get off. Having said that I'd still do it again if the price was right.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida
Unread 2 Jun 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

TC Premium is very much worth it, free unlimited drinks, extra space, smaller and quieter cabin, free full entertainment package, premium meal, and much larger baggage weight allowance.

Would never fly economy again; when we walked past those seats, it looked like those people were packed in like chickens in a cage... I've done it before - but don't think I could do it again in economy; even though the PE seats are only an inch or two wider with a bit more leg space; it makes all the difference over a 9 hour flight.

Edited at 07:36 PM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club 2019 with friends :D
Closed Thread
Florida Escapes