Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Closed Thread
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Its all gone Wrong!

Totally fed up, the weather is terrible and we have been shopping again and went to Crackerbarrel for late breakfast/lunch. All my plans have gone down the drain, spent hardly any time on the beach and probably wont get to go on a boat trip and see Dolphins. Planned on a meal at the beach to watch the sunset and that isnt going to happen. Went to the Cinema yesterday and now in the Villa watching tv, I hate to say it but I am ready to come home, this is our 5th time in Florida as a family and my 7th time I have never had such bad weather. I have been planning this for two years and am totally gutted, sorry for the rant I know its nobodys fault and we cant change the weather. I cant keep moaning to my family who are peed off as well but I am bored so the dibb gets to listen to my woes. Btw is is hammering down!
Kefalonia, Klefitico, Olives, and sun
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I feel for you, I really do. We were there during tropical storm Faye and we had several days of solid rain. It got pretty depressing after a while. The positive was that the weather was beautiful once it had cleared off! How long do you have left?

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Summer in Crete
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
Imagineer

Aww , that's such a shame! Feel free to rant away and get it off your chest! We will be there ne t Friday and really hope the bad weather is long gone by then or I will be on here doing exactly the same as you! Hopefully it will blow over soon but I know that doesn't help you just now, I think if it were me I probably would have tried to get cheap accommodation back in Orlando as oi would be like a caged hen if I were stuck in a villa for even a couple of days xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A much needed break !
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Coming home sunday and we are lucky if we see the sun before then, we only had 6 days in Orlando and are in a villa in Bradenton for 9 days. We have a gorgeous villa and planned on boat trips, beach days, meals by the sea. I will get over it but all we have done is shop and eat and had a few beach hours before it started raining. Oh well going to watch tv, feeling sorry for my self!

Edited at 12:11 AM.
Sandra & co is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sandra. I can see why you are fed up as your plans were so specific and not really changeable. Chin up it could be worse and a full blown hurricane.
I know it's easy to say but just plough on and by the look of it Saturday should be fine after the storm has cleared.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Didn't ever think I would say this but I can't wait to get home now we have been stuck in the room all day. I know people say i'd rather be in Florida than at work etc even in the rain but it's so miserable and I'm sorry but it's no fun. We leave tomorrow but it's ruined my last day completely. It seems that the weather could get worse tomorrow according to the news. I just want to get out of here
Been to Florida several times throughout the 80's,90's,1999 to see in the millenium,back in Oct 2009 to spread my dads ashes & first time on our own as a family in March 2012. Going back in May 2013 - 1 week Orlando and 1 week St Pete beach. To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Ryles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
August 2019 again!
Unread 1 Sep 16, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Didn't ever think I would say this but I can't wait to get home now we have been stuck in the room all day. I know people say i'd rather be in Florida than at work etc even in the rain but it's so miserable and I'm sorry but it's no fun. We leave tomorrow but it's ruined my last day completely. It seems that the weather could get worse tomorrow according to the news. I just want to get out of here
I love Florida I am upset that it took me so much saving to get here and we cant afford to come again in a hurry. I am having a wallow but I could handle it if I knew friday and saturday would be better but thats looking unlikely. I hate it when it keeps raining in England but at least I am prepared with clothes and my doggy is there! Ryles I feel your pain xx
Unread 1 Sep 16, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Are you in Orlando? We were at MK today from 9-2 and didn't even get that wet. Only put ponchoes on once and even that wasn't a downpour.

Much heavier showers in late afternoon but certainly didn't need to stay in all day.

OP I know the weather was worse in the West coast but there are indoor things to do in the Sarasota area besides shopping. We really enjoyed the Ringling Museum for example.
Closed Thread
Florida Tix