Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Have you created a KLM account? I created one and linked my booking on there. It told me on there that I didn't have any checked baggage allowance so I rang up and they told me it was 120 eur (£105) a bag per way but you have to just pay for that on check in at the airport xx
That seems a lot, thought it was £45 per bag? So what is your £132 for bags?
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
How did you know you could add the bags afterwards? x
I rang Virgin and asked. I was told I could only pay at check in. But I was given the cost of checking in two bags.
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Sorry Jenna I can see I'm behind and you've already booked!
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
That seems a lot, thought it was £45 per bag? So what is your £132 for bags?
Well expedia told me 50 euros a bag (I originally planned to take 3 bags and as they said bags were included on the way back that would equate to around £132) I then phoned KLM direct and they advised me 120 euro a bag! (£105) so i've decided just to take 2 bags now. Maybe it will be cheaper when I get to the airport but just thought if I budget for the worst and try and utilize the hand luggage space. Quite often we hardly use the hand luggage and smaller bag option effectively but I will pack clothes in handluggage this time. Also, the thought of taking less stuff does really appeal to me when packing / unpacking - who did you book through? x

(sorry just re read my posts and realised that I hadnt explained properly that I was told around £132 for 3 bags when I booked by expedia but on phoning KLM I was given a different price - I posted that on another thread but thought it was on this thread )
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024

Edited at 08:08 AM.
jenna288 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked direct through KLM, I asked them on online chat and said would have to pay at airport but couldn’t give me a price. Going to give Virgin a call.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Just looking on British airways and seen some good prices. Leaving first weekend of school hols for 10 nights. £1400 for a family of 4 handluggage only from Newcastle or flying down from Newcastle on the Saturday, staying overnight in airport hotel, indirect flight with American Airlines, 10 nights on I drive, British airways flights home, £2040 for a family of 4 and that will include luggage. 3 adults 1 child. Payable by deposit. Obviously lots of hotels to choose from so adjust the hotels to whatever suits. Hotel at Gatwick was the Hilton.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List