Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Oct 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I was sorry to hear this, and found their unique service excellent, especially one of our trips with multiple cars, they tailormade a package for us which was very competitive in price.

We were eternally grateful to them on a trip where DD left her doll in taxi on way home. They arranged for her to be brought back to uk with one of their relatives and posted on to us, going way beyond expectations for kindness. Strawberry (the doll) was safely reunited with DD quickly, at no charge.

Wish both of them well for the future. X
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I haven't used them myself, but have only heard good things about them and the quality of the service they offered.

As others have said, it's a premium service which wasn't for everyone - something doesn't have to be cheap to offer good value.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Peter and Wendy along with all their other staff (Melissa actually married us) delivered a great service.Okay it was dearer than most but you would get picked up at the airport after a long flight and goodness’s knows how many hours awake. They would then put all your luggage into their van/people carrier, so you didn’t have to play suitcase Tetris especially if you where a larger group, they would then take you to your villa or hotel so no worries about having to find your way, definitely extremely helpful for a first timer.
They put a lot of heart and soul, not to mention sweat and more than likely tears into Car on the Drive and built it up from a very small business to the success it was.

I can only wish they well for the future and thank them for the service they provided and hope that they can both enjoy sometime on the golf course.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hawk299
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Yep, needs to be £100 minimum
Section 75 is the TOTAL needs to be over £100, the ammount you've already paid is irrelevant (as long as it's over £1)
hawk299 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by willow View Post
Peter and Wendy along with all their other staff (Melissa actually married us) delivered a great service.Okay it was dearer than most but you would get picked up at the airport after a long flight and goodness’s knows how many hours awake. They would then put all your luggage into their van/people carrier, so you didn’t have to play suitcase Tetris especially if you where a larger group, they would then take you to your villa or hotel so no worries about having to find your way, definitely extremely helpful for a first timer.
They put a lot of heart and soul, not to mention sweat and more than likely tears into Car on the Drive and built it up from a very small business to the success it was.

I can only wish they well for the future and thank them for the service they provided and hope that they can both enjoy sometime on the golf course.
Couldn't of said this better!

The family as a whole took such pride in the business and it felt like meeting old friends when using the service.

I hope maybe in time they maybe able to set up again.

Wishing Peter, Wendy and family all the very best.
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

My understanding is the product has to cost more than £100 but you can pay 1p upwards on the card to get the protection. You paid $100 (which is less than £100) but this is a deposit for something costing a total of over the minimum for Section 75 protection. If it were me, I'd have a go at the CC company to try and get a refund.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Guess Florida insolvency rules will apply, to which I have no idea.
I suppose a line of creditors, as MRTM they were rude to direct questions , registered business office a hotel room premises.
So I believe people enjoyed the service but they have covered themselves as they owned no cars , no building etc.
Never glad to see a business go to the wall .
Old 30 Oct 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Guess Florida insolvency rules will apply, to which I have no idea.
I suppose a line of creditors, as MRTM they were rude to direct questions , registered business office a hotel room premises.
So I believe people enjoyed the service but they have covered themselves as they owned no cars , no building etc.
Never glad to see a business go to the wall .
That bit about the registered address always worried me. Unless of course they owned that property

All too murky for my liking.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
That bit about the registered address always worried me. Unless of course they owned that property

All too murky for my liking.
Their registered address last year had changed, from what I re-call from my invoice and reciept. Never had any problems
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by vinlaasmummy07 View Post
Their registered address last year had changed, from what I re-call from my invoice and reciept. Never had any problems
Their website has shown this address for many years.

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3100 Parkway Blvd.
Kissimmee, FL 34747

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List