Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 21 Nov 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I would go for Amazon. Debenhams and House of Fraser are having financial issues at the moment so I reckon that’s why they’ve disappeared. Though I wouldn’t trust them if they appeared again.

We also though JL was too expensive and unfortunately put money in a card for our friend who had the JL one this year as we just couldn’t stretch to it with our own wedding to pay for.

We will be doing a honeymoon fund if people want to give us something. We live together and don’t need anything. You can be sure the kettle and toaster will die the day after the wedding now 😂
Who will you be using for your honeymoon fund if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I know it’s me again but I’ve got Prezola set up for my honeymoon fund! You can put in any amount you want (so as little or as large as you want!) I liked it because it’s not linked to company (TUI for example do honeymoon lists!)
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
I know it’s me again but I’ve got Prezola set up for my honeymoon fund! You can put in any amount you want (so as little or as large as you want!) I liked it because it’s not linked to company (TUI for example do honeymoon lists!)
Just looking at them now. May use them and have honey moon amounts on it (we can’t afford to go til we have saved again) and a selection of their cheaper gifts.
Thanks heaps x
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
I think it's really cheeky asking for anything let alone telling people what to buy and from where. My DD had a list in case anyone asked but otherwise like hundreds before her, was grateful that people thought enough of her to buy anything.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think it’s cheeky. I certainly wouldn’t expect presents from anyone we invite to our wedding but equally in the run up to the wedding I’m going to be really busy and every single wedding I’ve been to I’ve bought a present. If I can save 60 odd people coming to me to ask what I want and just say if you would like to give me a present here’s a list I think that’s always better for everyone. I don’t think you are saying people have to buy you something just having the option there.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dvc View Post
I think it's really cheeky asking for anything let alone telling people what to buy and from where. My DD had a list in case anyone asked but otherwise like hundreds before her, was grateful that people thought enough of her to buy anything.
It’s not cheeky at all!

Every single wedding we have been to, there has been a gift list/poem about a honeymoon. It saves them having to answer the “what would you like” question over and over again. We’ve had that question about 30 times and we haven’t even sent our save the dates out yet!

I like getting the lists etc, friends of ours had a lovely one with experiences you could put money towards for their honeymoon. It was all done online.

We will have a little poem for our honeymoon if people want to contribute/give us something.

OP - we will be using a good old fashioned post box that my father in law to be is currently making for us
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We asked guests for John Lewis vouchers or failing that a donation towards our future. We ordered some cards with the invites with a poem. Still had a few more thoughtful personalized gifts too , but then we were free to buy what we liked with vouchers/cash and it's easier for most that way.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List