Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jul 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gummibears
Excited about Disney

This year we have stayed at POFQ and BC and felt very safe. That safe I was washing/drying clothes by myself after 9 pm at the onsite laundrette or going to the food court to pick up snacks or drinks while my husband looked after our kids while they were sleep in the room.

As posters mentioned above there are cctv cameras and security guards dotted all over so never once felt unsafe and would not batter an eyelid staying there on my own if I had to. You can use the in room safe for your valuables and request to opt out of mousekeeping if that will give you peace of mind as well.
Gummibears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
The security will only allow certain people on site IE ADRS ect.
That’s only true for drivers of cars coming through the gatehouse. Anyone can board free Disney transportation (bus, boat, monorail) to a resort no questions asked.
I have seen “pizza delivery” leaflets through my door at multiple Disney resorts.

OP - Disney have a reputation to uphold, and I would hope that they would react quickly to any reports of worrying behaviour. I suspect it’s much harder to break in to cars at the Disney resorts than I Drive because they’re isolated, and you need to go back past security to get out again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've always felt incredibly safe staying on-site - solo! - at WDW. It's one of the few places in the world where I've been comfortable wandering around on my own after midnight (well the parks close late sometimes) - there are always CMs roaming around and have never once felt unsafe walking back to my room late at night.

(It's one of the many reasons why I stay on-site rather than off-site!)
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
On average, Disney's onsite hotels are safer than offsite hotels. .
Can you publish the stats to prove that please ?
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Can you publish the stats to prove that please ?
No, sorry.

Given that there are many worse hotels out there - hotels in dodgy parts of the world and/or hotels that are themselves dodgy - then it stands to reason that the Disney hotels will be better than the average hotel in terms of security.

Perhaps I should've added, "In my opinion..." to the beginning of my claim?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm a female and did my first solo trip last year, 14 nights at POFQ. I felt perfectly safe. I'm doing my second solo trip in September, 10 nights at Beach Club and can't wait. I'm one of the world's worst worriers but living alone I've had to toughen up.

Edited at 06:24 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Stayed on-site a number of times alway felt save there even when I am walking around the resorts at night but I do exactly the same there as I would at home. Lock the door and put on the door lock never open the door with out check the who is there first. Usually you find CM walking around even at 5.00 am in the morning they always stop and say good morning.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I've always felt safe when staying onsite. I'm often the first one up & do the early morning coffee run on my own, often before the sun has fully risen and have always felt safe.
I do always have my wits about me wherever I am though. 😬
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie2017
Dancing with Tink'

One of my friends works at Disney and tells me they have many undercover security guards working in both the parks AND the hotels. We have always felt safe in and around Disney property, both parks and hotels. Might be worth you having a look on Amazon for travel hotel alarms just to keep your mind at ease?
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
never ever felt unsafe on site. its like being in a bubble.