Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's a no brainer for me - villa every time. We love the space and freedom.

We've tried staying for short visits in both Disney and Universal hotels and couldn't wait to get back to the villa.

We're a family of 3 (DH, DS14 & myself) and we all like our own space from time to time.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

After doing 5 nights in a room in Disneyland Paris. I go villa everytime in Florida.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to like hotels on I drive.

Just come back from a villa and loved it.

Onsite scares me. I love Disney but usually only manage a few hours in the park. Don’t eat much in the park or at Disney’s restaurants and I loved having our own pool.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I like both and nowadays we normally do a bit of both. With a family unless you have 2 rooms then it would always be a villa (TH or condo) for the extra room for me.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve always done villas, but this year we’re staying in a 1 bed villa at OKW to try the experience and the dining plan for 5 days before moving to the villa. We couldn’t stay in a single hotel room - it just doesn’t work for our family (2 adults and 2 kids) - 1 night at the Premier Inn before the flight is enough!
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

we love a split stay, usually SSR 1 bed for a week with free dining then on to villa. Doing it differently next year as we are also looking to buy a bigger house soon so watching the pennies. 3 weeks in a villa (we go to the same one all the time if we can). We may do a couple of nights onsite just in a mod and also 2 nights RPR.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Villa for sure.
Lots of space, your own pool, big fridge for food and drink to take to the parks, washer and dryer.

If I ever went alone with my GC (which is unlikely) I would choose an onsite hotel however as I wouldn't want to drive.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Onsite for me with free dining. I don't want to be cooking and cleaning up on holiday, which I know I would end up doing in a villa.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
3 weeks stuck in a room like the below... (which is the size of my living room at home)

Or 3 weeks of space and no sitting in darkness once the kids are asleep.

I know what i want from my holiday.
Agreed
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
We've stayed at a villa the last 2 times, loads of space, our own pool, fantastic!

This year we wanted to see what all the fuss is about so we're going to stay site for 5 nights then onto a villa for the remainder of the holiday.

RickT, I know exactly where you're comng from re the size of the hotel room! Our kids are 11 and 12 now so will hopefully stay up late with us but, yes, with younger kids it must be tricky to know what to do once they're in bed.
Need a family suite with separate rooms imo with young kids. Which are pricey...
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List