VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The 3 Caballeros - Day 1

We were up at 4:45am... and out of our room by 5:30.

Back along the long corridors to T4 and then the train to T3. We are travelling with hand luggage. One case and one backpack each so the transfer is quite easy.

We are straight through security and head to The curator for breakfast.

We had eggs benedict

Omelette

And avocado on toast. Unfortunately Molly wasn't keen on the Avocados but Phil and I enjoyed our meal. We got 25% discount with our Dragonpass card which meant it was £25.

We made our way to the plane and got seated all together. We are in the cheap seats but we had 4 seats for 3 of us in a row. So I'm pleased I hadn't paid for that.

Flight passed as flights do. Slowly and with movies. I watched the green Book which I enjoyed and Dumbo which was just ok.

We arrived in JFK on time and made our way through immigration which took about an hour. We had landed in T4 and our flight was from T4 so we went straight back through security and into the terminal.

We found a food court and were just about to order when o got a text with a gate in Terminal 2. This causes a little panic but I found a Delta agent who said they use both interchangeably and directed us to a shuttle bus.

It was pretty easy to get across to T2 and we found a restaurant for lunch (dinner?) as we had a long wait. They had iPads for ordering. So we all ordered. The total came up at $90. So we all changed our order!

3xmeatball subs plus tip came to $60.

The observant among you will notice that the photo above says Orlando.

While we were eating I had a message from the Delta app saying we were delayed an hour. Our flight was already quite late so an hour delay wasn't appreciated.

I logged into the app and was offered the option to change my flight and was able to find an earlier Orlando flight. I quickly booked it and then was a little worried about the car hire. A quick email to Andy who booked our car hire and he assured me they would accept the voucher in Orlando.

We are very happy with that result which should save us 2 hours on our original arrival time and about 3 compared to the delay.

The flight down from JFK to Orlando was very busy. So much so that they checked out bags. Which was frustrating as we'd lugged them around all day and the payoff for that is not having to wait at the baggage carousel. But we weren't given a choice.
I was impressed with the flight. The seats wide and comfortable and we had seat back TVs. So I watched another film my daughter recommended. Probably not my choice but she's been talking about it for mo the. 5 feet apart.

We landed early into Orlando but had to wait for a gate. And wait for our luggage so the time saved on the earlier flight was lost a little. Plus we had to go to the Alamo desk to change our booking. Which was done with no hassle. We picked up a Nissan Kick from the midsize aisle which is a nice size for us.

It had been a long day and we were all relieved we weren't driving from Tampa. We would have done it. But this was easier as it's all familiar roads.

We made our way to the wilderness lodge without getting. Lost. Which is an achievement in itself and picked up our magic bands. I'd already had an email wu the room
Number so it was very quick.

The room is at the end of a very long corridor but there is a door straight out to the pool next door which I think we I'll prove handy.

A quick trip to the shop for milk and bagels for the inevitable early morning wake up and we are done for the day. It's been 22 hours since the Alarm went off this morning.

Breakfast: £25 heathrow airport
Small purse in accessorise: £9
lunch at jfk: $60
milk and bagels from resort shop: $12.75

Total spent. £34 & $72.75

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am very excited about the fact you are staying at Wilderness Lodge! Please can you post lots of photos. Haven’t even managed it over there for a visit yet, I am gutted we never tried Artist Point and now it has changed to story book dining which doesnt really appeal. But I have Geyser Point on my list of places to try fir next time. Pleased you arrived in good time and didnt get lost yay!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshiredisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The room looks great at the wilderness lodge
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Pleased the change of airport worked out well. Wilderness Lodge looks good.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Bonus travel day in to Orlando!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Stress free travel days are very rare and you managed really well with all the delays etc.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you managed to get on the earlier flight and a bonus it was to MCO

Joan
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nice change of flight! At least it saved the drive from Tampa.

Looking forward to reading more.
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by BevS97 - 23 Jul 19 12:35 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Excellent. Another trip report to keep me going till our trip! Love reading these so thankyou.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List