Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 12 Apr 06, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Return to Vegas:The Experience

Well, here we are again – staring at a less than one day countdown, checked in on-line and waiting to go

This trip is a bit of an unexpected addition to this year’s schedule, so perhaps hasn’t been planned in the greatest detail and yet there is so much to do!

Following last year’s Orlando trip and the events of 6th August, I had a real ‘bad feel’ about America and decided that like falling off a bike, you just have to get back on. Fortunately for me, Robyn appears to have lost all desire to go travelling with Auntie again, so a different travelling companion has been dragooned into service once I ‘happened’ to find a bargain deal through Expedia! Now, he will be known henceforward as TC as he is vaguely jealous of the time I spend DIBBING – at one point he was ‘lurking’ to check my activities were above board

We went to Vegas back in 1999 as part of a grand tour of the West Coast and Nevada – that meant we spent a mere 48 hours there and didn’t do much at all – by the time we had done the Grand Canyon and Star Trek it was time to move on! He has since returned without me so knows a bit more about it and will be running through the itinerary with me on the train later once we meet up as I am boarding at Derby, he at Nottingham to change onto my train at Leicester, from there down to Gatwick via Luton Airport (how glam!), Twilight Check in and a night in the glorious surrounds of Travelodge Gatwick. I refused to travel down on the day as it would have ended up in a 24 hour+ day, which wouldn’t be a good start if I had been firing on full cylinders, but certainly not after the recent stress! This is sounds a bit complicated - suffice to say TC is actually my ex DH so this is a return in more ways than one

I know we have Star Trek, Hoover Dam, night time helicopter flight, show (Legends), some roller coasters, a gun range, shopping, the fountains, some gambling, some eating and hopefully some downtime by the pool planned!

So…….. forgetting all the trauma of the last 5 weeks to do with school I have a new hairstyle, new nails, have been defuzzed, eyelashes/brows tinted, 2 layers of fake tan (for those interested the Piz Buin Summer Sensations with a Body Shop tan mitt really does the job!), ears cleared with Hopi candles – my suitcase packed (rolled); TC packed yesterday (folded) – fortunately the local paper was giving away free bus tickets so it didn’t cost me fare or parking to Nottingham

For those interested in the fold/roll debate, I will report back whose clothes survived the best! TC is already asking for an iron – I had to check online that the hotel does provide them! Of course my clothes are made of travel well fabric and his are all cotton or linen etc

All that is left is to kiss the cats goodbye (Sister is coming to feed them twice a day), hop into the taxi and off I jet

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 06, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
look forward to hearing more, hope u have a great trip
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 06, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope you have a great Holiday looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.
Old 12 Apr 06, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Have a great time. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it as we go to Vegas for our first trip in August!
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 06, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Have only just recently found the dibb - but have really enjoyed reading several trip reports (your last one included... ! ) Have a safe journey and fantastic holiday - will look forward to reading all about it.
Old 12 Apr 06, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Have a lovely time! We enjoyed Vegas when we went and would love to go back. So, looking forward to your next reports!

Maz
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 06, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a great time, look forward to hearing more.
Old 12 Apr 06, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to your report, as we got married in las vegas. it will bring back memories.

Tracy
Old 12 Apr 06, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List