Notices

Old 27 Apr 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All sounds fantastic, we are hoping to be there at the same time ish as you this year if we can grab a bargain so will look out for you and the "eyebrows en flic"!

And it sounds as if it's meant to be, Helen. You simply never know what's round the corner and I honestly don't think you'll look back. Sometimes we do things because that's what we've always done, without questioning whether it's right for us and our family: good on you for being brave and taking the plunge, I really hope that you will love the freedom and liberation that comes with your choices. Pixiedust for a mid June exit!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Mobile

The trip sounds amazing ! Sending pixie dust for garden leave approval 👍
Old 29 Apr 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
Sounds like a great trip! We get back just before you go, so I had better get a move on and start my pre trip report!
Ooh I will look out for it!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Congrats (?) on your redundancy - it sounds like it’s the right thing for you & life certainly is for living.

Trip sounds great. I loved reading your trippie every day. The kids seem to be growing up so quickly-those memories will be precious.

Both AMI and SPB are on my hit list after so many glowing Dibb reports... must factor that in at some point xx
Aw thanks. I know. I look at the kids pics in my first trippie and can’t believe the difference in them

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
This trip sounds great, we have just come back from doing NYC, St Pete Beach (stayed at Grand Plaza) & a Villa just doing Disney parks.
In hindsight I think the Universal parks would of been better for us but we wanted to do Avatar in AK.
St Pete Beach was lovely & have a look at having your breakfast at Skidders (doesn't sound great but it was by far the best breakfast we had during all of our holiday).
Me & DS also did the Star Wars VR @ Disney Springs & would highly recommend this as you would go together as a family of 4 I reckon.
AMI is on our list to do & I was actually looking at swapping our few days in St Pete to AMI a few months before we went so great that you are doing both
Have a fantastic holiday
Here's the sunset @... see if you can guess:

Cheers
Les
Thanks for the breakfast tip Les - will check that out. And good to know you liked the Star Wars VR too. Bongos! Can’t wait

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Sorry to hear about your redundancy but it sounds as if it could be for the best, to be mortgage free and have a better work life balance is living the dream!

How do you get on taking Hannah out of school, my eldest starts secondary this year and I find myself thinking I cant take him out of school, but I have booked for next year crossing a week with the October holidays and I am in the process of looking at Turkey for this September as well so that's another week out of school (your fault , I read your live report and knew I needed a chill out sunshine holiday)
We’ve never had a problem, although this is the last year I will do it as it’s exams next year so we will stick to school hols then. And I totally agree - you definitely need that sunshine holiday 😉

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
What a lovely trip you have planned. I did chuckle at the Mums solo day bit!
Not too busy a time but also not just mooching about. The right mix in my view.
Redundancy. Mmm.
Along with nearly 75 of my colleagues I got pensioned off out of the blue when the financial crisis hit. What a shock! Best thing that ever happened to me, I would have killed myself with the hours I was working and the stress I was under if I had stayed.

Darn me 2 years later at 53 years of age my Wife got offered a package from the Civil Service. She was running up the road!
We are loving our retirement albeit the old age pension is a long way off - well for my Wife it is. I can just about see mine looming in 3+ years.
Thanks 😀 I am very much looking forward to it now. Although I am still quite stressed as my employer keeps moving the goalposts. I need to get some advice on Monday before I can make yet another decision

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
Congratulations on the redundancy.

We are dropping Disney next year too and hopefully adding on a few beach days so will be following your reports for some tips. Enjoy your hols
Thanks so much. Getting very excited now!

Originally Posted by cameragirl69 View Post
Got the groupon for Ifly yesterday two flights for £30 I think it was wouldn't have looked had you not mentioned it lol
👍 I saw that too but the expiry date is too soon for our holiday so need it to come up again in a few weeks. Glad it suited you and hope you enjoy it. Be sure to let me know how it goes?

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
Love the sound of all your plans. I don't think you'll regret the redundancy, more time with the kids especially through exam times and teenage woes is always going to be a positive. Time for you to enjoy yourself as well xx
Thanks so much. Echoes my feelings exactly 💕

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
All sounds fantastic, we are hoping to be there at the same time ish as you this year if we can grab a bargain so will look out for you and the "eyebrows en flic"!

And it sounds as if it's meant to be, Helen. You simply never know what's round the corner and I honestly don't think you'll look back. Sometimes we do things because that's what we've always done, without questioning whether it's right for us and our family: good on you for being brave and taking the plunge, I really hope that you will love the freedom and liberation that comes with your choices. Pixiedust for a mid June exit!
Thanks it was a difficult decision to make but now I have it seems like it was the only one. I just need my employer to see it through now and stop making it so difficult. They have now moved the date I was to be served notice by 2 months and won’t give me it in writing until then which is making me suspicious that they are starting to regret their decision now so many of us are choosing redundancy maybe we will bump into each other in Florida!

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
The trip sounds amazing ! Sending pixie dust for garden leave approval 👍
Thank you. It would be amazing to be away before Florida

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney McC's
Getting Excited

Disney McC's's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wishing you loads of love and luck with your redundancy, sounds like the right decision.

Plan sounds amazing.

We are just heading our as you come back, we are keeping our fingers crossed for ifly groupon as well.

Have a fantastic holiday. xx
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Thanks for all the encouraging words about the redundancy folks. Really does help.

As it stands now I get back from holiday on 10th July, will have a few weeks of handover, and leave on garden leave at the start of August.

The past 2 weeks at work have been the worst yet. Very stressful. People in tears all over the place, he said, she said, he’s agreed this, she’s getting that. Some names announced for those taking the new jobs, being told who I will be passing my team managers over to (and a few of them are devastated at who they will be working for which is upsetting) Then trying to negotiate when I would get garden leave.

I cannot wait for this holiday now. To just throw myself into all things Florida and leave all this stress behind.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I bet you can't have a great time looking forward to reading along
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just tracked down this pretrippie and it sounds perfect! That kayaking trip is now on my bucketlist for when the kids are older

Sounds like going away this weekend will be perfect timing workwise too xx MrFindingMerida is working his notice currently and the office politics are off the scale! I keep reminding him in a few months, none of it will matter xx
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading your report. I will feel like I am on holiday !

I can remember when my redundancy was approaching and work became unbearable. Our team had worked together for over 20 years. We had grown up together and gone through all our life events, meeting partners, illnesses,weddings and babies ! We had socialized out of work and had childrens play dates. We were all friends as well as colleagues. Then as the redundancy approached everyone fell out. There was a bad atmosphere every day. Lots of tears and arguments ! Some had jobs some didn't and everyone was worried for the future. We didn't even have a leaving "do" things had got that bad and we had all liked a "do" !

I had a perfect driving record and in the last 3 months at HMRC had 2 accidents and a speeding ticket ! It was all down to the stress of it.

Fast forward 3 years and it is all forgotten. We are all friends again. All those who wanted jobs found them. The redundancy package was quite nice too !

Wishing you all the best and have a fabulous holiday !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Redundancy sounds like the way to go - life is too short and it sounds like you've got everything in order. I haven't worked since I was 41 and decided to just leave as I felt my 3 sons needed me around more in their teenage years when they had exams. It really was the best decision for me and them.

My DH took semi retirement at 56 - he supposedly works 2 days a week but is still pretty busy. It is a good stepping stone for full retirement in a few years and we do have a better quality of life.

Just something to add to your itinerary - try amicreamerybakery just a few doors south of Ginny and Jane's. I recommend the lemon/oreo flavour but there's lots in there. It's not cheap but the quality is far superior to Two Scoops (may be wasted on the kids though!).

So looking forward to reading your trip report - will keep me going until our next one and remind me of the last.

Have a wonderful relaxing time.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

So close now Helen, hope you all have a fantastic trip and look forward to reading along
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List