Notices

Old 20 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve seen lots of those places on dining reports and we’ve done BoG several times so that’ll definitely be on the list. I think the pre ordering will help with the downside of QS too. We’ve never tried any of the QS in World Showcase so there’s a whole world out there!
We actually couldn’t get the pre ordering to work on our I-phones. I don’t know why but it just seemed impossible to load and was quicker to just queue 😀 I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems though, so maybe just us 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We actually couldn’t get the pre ordering to work on our I-phones. I don’t know why but it just seemed impossible to load and was quicker to just queue 😀 I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems though, so maybe just us 😂
We had mixed success last trip. We couldn’t get it to work for Backlot Express one day but it worked another day.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:18 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Isn’t it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something I’d never do, but I’m actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up I’m having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what we’ll end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and he’s the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.

Are your flights direct? What a bargain getting PE! I have been saving my Clubcard points for Avios with BA for years now and I’m still not seeing any spectacular savings on their reward flights.

I hope you love CBR, I thought it was a fabulous resort, and I think the building themselves are very reminiscent of OKW. By the time you arrive the Skyliners should be open and the Riveria construction will only be internal and landscaping (if even that), so you should have a wonderful stay. For what it’s worth, I absolutely loved Jamaica and I didn’t feel like the Skyliner station was too close or would be any issue once it’s open.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Isn’t it funny that we both might be on QSDP!? I also thought it would be something I’d never do, but I’m actually really excited about the freedom of it right now. I had decided no ADRs at all after initially planning a few but as my planning steps up I’m having my heard turned a bit, so goodness knows what we’ll end up with. Nik mentioned Le Cellier the other day and he’s the last person I thought would be pushing for upgrading to DDP.
Yes, come over to the dark side! Would love to hear what you think of it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, come over to the dark side! Would love to hear what you think of it
Honestly? I think we'll love it, and there will probably be no going back. Like Lisa, the food is actually right up our street. I already feel liberated knowing we don't have to be anywhere at a set time.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Honestly? I think we'll love it, and there will probably be no going back. Like Lisa, the food is actually right up our street. I already feel liberated knowing we don't have to be anywhere at a set time.
Yes, that's one of the things we really like about it. We don't miss the tips either! I think QS options have improved so much over the past few years too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews

Are your flights direct? What a bargain getting PE! I have been saving my Clubcard points for Avios with BA for years now and I’m still not seeing any spectacular savings on their reward flights.

I hope you love CBR, I thought it was a fabulous resort, and I think the building themselves are very reminiscent of OKW. By the time you arrive the Skyliners should be open and the Riveria construction will only be internal and landscaping (if even that), so you should have a wonderful stay. For what it’s worth, I absolutely loved Jamaica and I didn’t feel like the Skyliner station was too close or would be any issue once it’s open.
I was very surprised that you were going with QSDP! We’ll see if it sticks though .

Our flights are direct with Virgin which is always our preference. I have a Virgin credit card and pay for all the big things on it, like flights and Disney accommodation. The points soon add up.

I do like CBR, we’ve stayed there a couple of times, but I just don’t see the appeal of the Skyliner. It’s less about the construction which as you say will be done and more about the Skyliner itself. I feel it’s going to ruin the relaxed feel of CBR. I think the whole thing is a big eyesore. I don’t want to moan though as I do like CBR and I’m hoping it doesn’t have too much of a negative effect on it.

I have some PPI claims in so maybe we’ll get back to OKW which is our favourite.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:05 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I’ve been browsing car hire since we booked our flights ever hopeful that I’ll get a good deal on a Prestige car with Hertz like last year however those seem to have sold out. Prices aren’t shifting with Alamo and Hertz so I had a look on the British Airways site which can often throw up a few surprises. They had an intermediate SUV for £371 for our dates since they have a 7 days for the price of 5 promotion on. This is around £50-60 cheaper than Alamo or Hertz so I’ve just booked it. I keep double checking my dates in case I’ve entered them wrong!

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Jan 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ouch that's pricey, I'd kind of forgotten about car hire!

Everything just seems so expensive, good luck with the PPIs.
Old 23 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Ouch that's pricey, I'd kind of forgotten about car hire!

Everything just seems so expensive, good luck with the PPIs.
I could have gotten a smaller car but I prefer to drive an SUV in those American roads!

I doubt I’ll get anywhere with the PPI but fingers crossed!

Trip Report Index