Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

we didn't manage to make it to Billy Bobs last time i went, i guess it gets booked up pretty early? will try for my next trip.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
It strange because everyone recommended Hunters Grill and we really didn’t like it at all. Food choice was poor, it was just so busy with small children running around everywhere and families allowing children to pile their plates with food and not eating it.

Everyone advised against Restaurant des Stars. We went for lunch and actually really liked it. Lots of choice, very clean and we were in and out really quickly.
Ah, interesting, I wonder if the differences are down to the time of visit, we didn't book anything in advance so our mealtimes were weird. We hit Plaza at 3pm in February (not school break) when I think it's open until the evening so probably had the best experience due to it being low season and not a usual meal time whereas we hit RdS about an hour before closing (without realising) so that might explain our bad experience, then hunters Grill was late on in the evening after the fireworks, so the kids were probably in bed.
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We were lucky last time I think. It is worth bearing in mind that the Spanish eat late though, so even at 10pm there are sometimes loads of over-excited toddlers running around!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It looks like Hakuna Matata is going to be a special buffet for the Lion King and Jungle season. I saw that the price is €39. Not sure how accurate it is, but the pictures of the food offerings look nice, and different from regular buffet fare.

We were going to book in for our break, but as we weren't totally sure on the choices of food, we went for La Grange as our final restaurant choice. Basically because of all the glowing reports on here! X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We went to La Grange for the first time on our last visit and were surprised how good it was! We had a 7pm booking but actually we turned up 6pm when it opened and asked to change. There were only a handful of people in then.

That said, I might have enjoyed going later and staying for some live music.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So it's not a buffet at Hakuna Matata. This is the menu

It's €39, and it's character dining, but possibly only Mickey in a special outfit. It's what you get as part of the special Lion King package. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I think it is Minnie in a safari outfit.

That is pretty darn pricey for that meal!
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I think it is Minnie in a safari outfit.

That is pretty darn pricey for that meal!
It's Mickey and Rafiki as part of the meal that anyone can book, and Minnie exclusively for the people who booked the special Lion King experience, apparently.

I guess if you want to meet those particular characters, it's a cheaper way than the other character dining. But obviously only two characters. X
Old 3 Jul 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We went to La Grange for the first time on our last visit and were surprised how good it was! We had a 7pm booking but actually we turned up 6pm when it opened and asked to change. There were only a handful of people in then.

That said, I might have enjoyed going later and staying for some live music.
Is there a link to book a reservation please
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List