Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

CDG to DLP

We have driven, come in via Eurostar, and taxi 🚕 transfer

Is the cheapest/quickest route by TGV

Is there an UTD thread with what to do/cost/time etc please

Do Disney do magic shuttles? Price? How often

Or shuttle transfer? Who do you use. We went 2017 and forgot who used

Appreciate any help

Thank you 😊

Edited at 10:30 AM.
Eeyorefanuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Not tgv its RER line a.
Dont get tgv...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
use the RER it's really easy to use its not direct though from memory I think its line B then change at Chatelet Les Halles then line A to DLP really easy though, the TGV is direct , factor in you ahve to get from train station to your hotel though ( free Disney buses for this if onsite or partner hotels) we booked a transfer company called interservice prestige last time great company, there is also the magic shuttle although not used this for a few years but you can google it and it should bring up times etc, also really easy to use and direct to your hotel.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
We have driven, come in via Eurostar, and taxi 🚕 transfer

Is the cheapest/quickest route by TGV

Is there an UTD thread with what to do/cost/time etc please

Do Disney do magic shuttles? Price? How often

Or shuttle transfer? Who do you use. We went 2017 and forgot who used

Appreciate any help

Thank you 😊
The TGV train is *technically* the quickest with a journey time of 10 minutes. However these are long distance trains that just happen to stop at both CDG and Disneyland and aren't designed or timed to be shuttles. So depending on your landing time you might have to wait anywhere up to an hour between trains - meaning that waiting around is wasted time. Also it is not the cheapest way, as per UK trains the cheapest tickets are pre-booked advance fares - however if your plane is delayed, or immigration takes a while or bags take ages to come off then you might miss your train and have to buy a brand new set of tickets. If you buy tickets on the day, they are more expensive.

The RER train is a cheaper way - but that does depend on how many are in your party.

There is a Magic Shuttle bus that costs around €20pp each way.

You might find a private shuttle the best option - it is not always the absolute cheapest, but gets that balance between cost/time right. You are met in arrivals and the journey takes around 40mins. Check out RS Transports - you can book a shared shuttle which is slightly cheaper than a private one, but quite often you don't end up sharing anyway.

Edited at 12:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
The TGV train is *technically* the quickest with a journey time of 10 minutes. However these are long distance trains that just happen to stop at both CDG and Disneyland and aren't designed or timed to be shuttles. So depending on your landing time you might have to wait anywhere up to an hour between trains - meaning that waiting around is wasted time. Also it is not the cheapest way, as per UK trains the cheapest tickets are pre-booked advance fares - however if your plane is delayed, or immigration takes a while or bags take ages to come off then you might miss your train and have to buy a brand new set of tickets. If you buy tickets on the day, they are more expensive.

The RER train is a cheaper way - but that does depend on how many are in your party.

There is a Magic Shuttle bus that costs around €20pp each way.

You might find a private shuttle the best option - it is not always the absolute cheapest, but gets that balance between cost/time right. You are met in arrivals and the journey takes around 40mins. Check out RS Transports - you can book a shared shuttle which is slightly cheaper than a private one, but quite often you don't end up sharing anyway.
100% agree! We have previously used the TGV, and whilst it is very quick, we wasted at least an hour getting tickets and waiting for the train which wiped out the advantage! On a later visit, for three adults, we found a private transfer was slightly cheaper and got us to the resort in less than 40 minutes; and of course they drop you at your hotel so no time wasting getting from the station at DLP to your hotel with all your luggage.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

RS Transports met us in arrivals and took us to the hotel. Cheaper than the shuttle bus or the train and a whole lot easier.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just booked RS transports again for 4 of us for €58 each way. Don’t think you’ll get anything cheaper than that fir 4. We always use them now without any problems.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

When I last went two years ago I got the TGV from CDG to DLP (Marne La Vallee), and then the RER back from DLP to CDG.

With the TGV I only bought tickets once I got to the station at CDG. I knew the train timings and knew that I wouldn't have to wait long for the next train. There was a very long queue for tickets at the manned ticket booths but the self service machines didn't have much of a queue so I used them to get tickets (I think if I had had to queue at the manned ticket booths I would have missed the train). The train journey itself was very pleasant, and very quick.

I took the RER on the way back because none of the TGV timings seemed to work for me, and the RER was cheaper! This was a much longer journey taking over an hour and involving a change in central Paris to a different RER line. Also a less pleasant train journey as the RER trains were more crowded.

Both methods have their pros and cons! Not looked into private transfers so can't comment on that though.
Old 11 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the link to RS Transport, will definitely use them in October
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List