Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
That rule doesn’t apply to the onsite Disney hotels.
Ah I couldn’t remember whether it was the onsite or offsite hotels which it applied to as we’ve stayed at both over the years.
Guessing DCR is ok for shorts too then?
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Regarding swimming - men have to wear Speedo type trunks, not shorts from memory 🤔
Disney don't apply that rule. Thankfully 😬

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Disney don't apply that rule. Thankfully 😬
Yes, my boys have just reminded me that they used the pool at NPB - they wouldn’t have if no shorts allowed 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Also if you'd like some Disneyland Paris YouTube Vlogs, try these:

I wish TimTracker would do Disneyland Paris though!

Edited at 10:47 PM.
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris is a completely different experience to WDW - that's the main thing to remember.

The Paris Magic Kingdom is beautiful and is probably the prettiest and most well themed MK out of all of the parks around the world. Studios...meh.

The culture is very different in Paris to Orlando...there are a few amazing Paris CM's but most see it as just a job whereas I feel in Orlando the majority see it as a way of life.

There is a lot of smoking in Paris, but I haven't been since 2017 so that may have changed.

The rides in Paris are loads better than WDW: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean are all better as they are newer.

You don't need to be ultra planned with Paris as the parks are very small in comparison with WDW.

Be prepared for queue jumpers!
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stormflm595 View Post
Disneyland Paris is a completely different experience to WDW - that's the main thing to remember.

There is a lot of smoking in Paris, but I haven't been since 2017 so that may have changed.

Be prepared for queue jumpers!
The smoking is one of the biggest reasons my DH won't go to DLP. He is asthmatic and allergic to cigarette smoke so won't entertain visiting DLP at all. I'm hoping they become a 'no smoking' park like WDW.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
The smoking is one of the biggest reasons my DH won't go to DLP. He is asthmatic and allergic to cigarette smoke so won't entertain visiting DLP at all. I'm hoping they become a 'no smoking' park like WDW.
Oh gosh me too! It's horrendous especially when people smoke in the queues
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

It's awful. I really feel for him. He looks like he is being rude when he starts coughing near people that are smoking. From the outside looking in he looks like he is being a **** but he is actually struggling to breath
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
It's awful. I really feel for him. He looks like he is being rude when he starts coughing near people that are smoking. From the outside looking in he looks like he is being a **** but he is actually struggling to breath
It's not helped by the fact that Disneyland Park has ELEVEN designated smoking areas in the park. I mean, how bad is it that people can only walk a short distance before aching for the next fag break?

The current count for in-park smoking areas in WDW is, errr, zero.

ETA: Get rid of the in-park smoking areas, and you get rid of the excuses and problem at one fell swoop.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?

Edited at 02:45 PM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

To be honest it is no worse than walking round London. And a lot better than walking round Paris itself, or Madrid, or Venice...

Chainsmoking outdoors is deeply embedded in European culture. Attempt to part someone from their ciggy and you will be at best ignored and at worst thumped. But that goes for the UK too. The only time someone at DLP was rude to me was when I asked an elderly British lady not to smoke over my friend’s sleeping toddler. The woman’s daughter spent 10 minutes yelling at me for being rude!

In 11 visits over the years, I have rarely seen anyone smoke in a queue, and never been in a position where I can’t move away. And I am asthmatic too.

It really is not as big a problem as people make out.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List