Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jul 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bret03
New Poster (2)

Favourite American Food

Hello,
We are finally going back to Florida next month after 8 years not going. what snacks do you like over there? all i remember is that i like hot tamales, Cheetos and beef jerky. I was 8 years old then and since I'm older, i am wanting to try more foods over there. I would love to hear what you guys like/recommend.

Bret
Bret03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Bret,

Yes another lover of cheeto’s here! Also love the M&M flavours especially the coffee ones I will be stocking up on them! Peppermint bark chocolate is to die for 💕 and Smuckers peanut butter and jelly, although Lidl have recently had this in stock so I have had a pre-Florida fix of this.😀😀
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bret03
New Poster (2)

I also remember that the sour skittles are different to the British ones. I am also not a lover of peanut butter, i have never really liked it. I feel like i am outnumbered there
Bret03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Chex Mix, I would bring entire suitcase full home if I could
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Not "Food", but I love sweet iced tea! Nobody in the UK sells it without the annoying fruit flavours added! lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I love the unsweetened ice tea annoys me all you get here is flavoured
Sweet stuf
Liptons ice tea cold brew bags are my bring home DH it’s Smuckers crunchy peanut butter DS1 white cheadar jalapeño Cheetos and DIL snapple peach and raspberry diet ice tea powdered sachets
We’ve a whole list
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I love the unsweetened ice tea annoys me all you get here is flavoured
Sweet stuf
Liptons ice tea cold brew bags are my bring home DH it’s Smuckers crunchy peanut butter DS1 white cheadar jalapeño Cheetos and DIL snapple peach and raspberry diet ice tea powdered sachets
We’ve a whole list
I used to know an American candy website that sold iced tea, but I genuinely can't find it anywhere anymore!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

On the sweet tea front... I have only had the unsweet ice tea over there. I like fruit ice tea but never considered that this was sweet lol. Is plane sweet iced tea very sweet?

I looove the lemonade... and cheetos... and Lays crisps that taste so much better than Walkers!
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shoei View Post
On the sweet tea front... I have only had the unsweet ice tea over there. I like fruit ice tea but never considered that this was sweet lol. Is plane sweet iced tea very sweet?

I looove the lemonade... and cheetos... and Lays crisps that taste so much better than Walkers!
I think it probably is considered quite sweet yes. I have quite a lot of sugar in my normal cups of tea, so unsweet tea would probably taste strange to me! lol
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

i Can’t stand the sweetned or iced fruit teas taste like drinking pure sugar syrup
I only drink water unsweetened tea or at a push diet minute made still
Lemonade in the US
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List