Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 11, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Cowboy Cookout Tea Party. I'd highly recommend it!

Came back yesterday and would HIGHLY recommend the Character Tea Party at the Cowboy Cookout.

It starts at 4.30 and lasts an hour and a half. The characters come out and go for breaks but around 5.30 the live singers leave and a lot of people leave thinking it is the end - but the characters come out again and we got them to ourselves with 5 other families.

Well worth the £15 each ticket. It was just desserts and sweets which the kids thought was hysterical (what, sweets, for tea? ) but it was nice to get some time away from the madness as they do not seem to fill the place and the characters come over loads of times and they dance with the kids to the muisic.

To start there was a real scramble for the characters but everyone was told to sit down as they would see everyone and they came to see us loads of times. Just a little wave and they would come to the table for autograph and picture, they had a few birthdays there and they made a real fuss of the birthday child and sang happy birthday in their own language which was nice.

There was a man and lady singing Disney songs country style and the characters were dancing with the kids, they all did the conga too. We have done a lot of character meals at DLP and Florida and this has to be, by far, the best character experience, for minimum money.

There was Mickey, Minnie, Woody, Goofy and Pluto.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 11, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We did this tea party in September when it was at the Luckey Nugget. Like you I thought it was amazing value for money; the desserts and cakes were to die for and I would definitely agree it was one of the best places for character interaction.

Think I may have to persuade DH that we need to do this again; as I would love to meet Woody!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 11, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shellbdb
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that I have been deliberating over a character meal, at that price I may do Cafe Mickey and the tea party at Barbecue Cookout.
Back to the magic November 2017
shellbdb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

Can I ask if the characters are dressed in cowboy style costumes? This is apparently a deciding factor for my two DDs!
yogibear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
Can I ask if the characters are dressed in cowboy style costumes? This is apparently a deciding factor for my two DDs!
yes they are - we met them all outside the entrance to Cowboy Cookout just before the tea party time of 4.30pm, Mickey wears dungarees .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

Ooooh...thanks for that. Think we will have to put it on our list for August. Just deciding whether to do tea party or lunch
yogibear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds like great fun .. I think we are going to do this when we go in a couple of weeks - is it all cakes & pasties & do you actually get tea
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Originally Posted by torillien View Post
Sounds like great fun .. I think we are going to do this when we go in a couple of weeks - is it all cakes & pasties & do you actually get tea
It is sweets, lollies, pasties, brownies, flan, crepes and apple pie.

You can have coffee - I think there must have been a cup of tea but we do not drink tea so I did not see. Kids had cola or orange juice.

It was so very, very unhealthy but so very, very worth it. There is no 'tea' as in food 'tea' (yes, we call it that too! )

But we did go on BTM at 6.45 and nothing came up. LOL!

As I say, for the experience it was the best character experience we have ever had even though there was no 'proper' food. There was no waiting with a pager to get in and then feeling rushed to get out. The characters interacted with everyone and they all made a fuss of the birthday children - and the guy who runs the restaurant saw everyone out and asked whether they enjoyed it. And I said it was fabulous and one of the best we had ever had.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 11, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

Anyone had the character lunch/ dinner there? If so what is the food like then? thanks
Old 8 Jun 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Fantastic .. I did mean tea as the drink i am really looking forward to it now
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread