Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 12, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
listrywe2012
slightly serious Dibber

Forbidden Journey at WWOHP - does it go upside down?

Hi - hoping someone can help.
I'm taking my Mum to Universal & IOA a week on Friday and she has said she won't go on any rides where she goes upside down (due to health problems as she would get very dizzy). I thought Forbidden Journey was a bit like Spiderman and therefore would be ok, but I read in a forum that the ride broke and people were upside down.
I don't want to look into it too much or watch the videos etc on YouTube as I really want it to be a surprise when I go on it.
Can anyone clear this up for me.
Many thanks
listrywe2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
annieh
Trying for More Ears

You don't go properly upside down (like on a roller coaster), but the 'bench' you're on tips you right on to your back on a couple of occassions (only briefly though). Hope that helps without giving too much away
annieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I don't like simulators - I don't do star tours, and when I do mickeys philharmagic I have to look down into my lap on the magic carpet ride. Will I be ok on this ride?
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
listrywe2012
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by annieh View Post
You don't go properly upside down (like on a roller coaster), but the 'bench' you're on tips you right on to your back on a couple of occassions (only briefly though). Hope that helps without giving too much away

Thanks so much for that - at least I can let her know and she can decide
listrywe2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
you don't go upside down but at certain points you are thrown about backwards and forwards. At one point you are thrown back, maybe more than horizontal and maybe that was how they were when it broke down. I would say its not a tame ride and can be intense in parts. IMHO, any health problems then i would reconsider. Ive had a quick look at some YouTube videos of if but they are too dark and moving around for anyone to film this properly.

Why don't you go on as a single rider, usually really short queue for this and then decide once you have been on it.
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
annieh
Trying for More Ears

It's not a simulator like star tours, it's more like spiderman without glasses and a bit of soarin on the side (sorry don't want to spoil it too much) if you check out you tube there are some good videos on there.

My in-laws both really enjoyed it, my mother in-law got terrified on space mountain etc. but really enjoyed FJ. I'd agree it's not a gentle ride and the warnings are certainly there for a reason, but it really is a fantastic ride.

Edited at 01:17 PM.
annieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

My DH can't do simulators, well, he can he just doesn't like them. I on the other hand just LOVE this ride. People above have already given you enough detail without spoiling it. So if you go on what you have read it is a fair description to access whether it is suitable. I think the single rider option would be good for you to see for yourself.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

You do not go upside down but you do go onto your back and you do get turned and twisted quite vigorously. The only 2 rides that made me nauseous in Universal were this one and the Cat in the Hat!
Old 24 Jul 12, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sospan View Post
You do not go upside down but you do go onto your back and you do get turned and twisted quite vigorously. The only 2 rides that made me nauseous in Universal were this one and the Cat in the Hat!
It is one of the rides along with Cat in The Hat and The Simpsons that makes my DH feel sick... It is also the one ride that my friend has actually come off and been sick!... I still think it's a top ride though having said that...
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 12, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Everyone is different...I didn't enjoy Spiderman as is was jerky / rough... much preferred Forbidden Journey even though it does aerobatics - it's faster but smoother. Soarin on speed! I felt a bit queasy after (I don't do coasters!) but as much adrenalin really - it was thrilling. i closed my eyes a couple of times, and couldn't face going on again same day...but will do it again this year, as it was AWESOME!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread