Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 13, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Best ways to prepare yourself?

Only 5 weeks to go now for us! How do other dibbers prepare for the holiday meals out ? For example, I ate at TGI Fridays the other day for an American fix and today I'm having lunch at Subway! Any other suggestions to get us in the mood?
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I prepare for all the meals out by dieting for months before we go but to get me in the holiday mood I love Frankie and Bennys pancakes syrup and bacon breakfast
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Ooh I go strict before going on holiday so I can enjoy fully when away .. 6 wks before no meals out or take aways! It starts today
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Yes I'm the same, trying to be very good now so that I can really pig out while we're over there! Have been browsing all the restaurant websites deciding what I'm going to order from each one.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

yeah, i dont prepare other than eating as little as possible in the run up to the holiday

but saying that, i learned very quickly not to eat and drink too much junk in the US (a roadtrip to georgia on my first trip there and eating nothing but service station rubbish for 12 hours left me rather ill!) - now i always make sure i balance things out, and eat vegetables at every available opportunity
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm another who doesn't indulge before I go away as I know I'll need those extra inches in my clothes if they're going to fit for the duration!

I do get the children to get used to drinking just water though (rather than squash) as they're not huge fizzy drink fans.

TGI's is somewhere we visit in between holidays to try and give us a bit of that Orlando feeling.
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I think I must constantly prepare then... hahaha.

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

wow,some people dont eat out or takeaways weeks before...couldnt manage that ... we usually get a takeaway the night before we go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I seriously need to start my holiday diet ASAP as its 6 weeks tomorrow until we go. Damn the house being full of Easter eggs!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We don't do anything special before we go to get us in the holiday mood, more likely to go when we get back to try and remember our holiday.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread