Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 14, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thumbs up

Well Done, nice to read about this.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

What a fantastic and lovely thing to do... Too many Hero's are forgotten.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 14, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

just an update
tommorow sees me travel to belper to start work on the Charles Stone V.C. memorial and the sun newspaper ar meeting me there and will cover the job from start to finish then run it in the paper...
Old 24 Apr 14, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Your a star, what a lovely thing to do, we should never forget our war heroes who where so selfless in giving there lives, so we could live ours.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's a really lovely thing for you to do
Taffy1959 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

very proud mum

Loonasylum is my son and I'm so proud of him for the fantastic work that he's doing. To be honest though this is just typical of him, he'll do anything for anyone and he takes great pride in his work, he's a loving husband, doting dad to 5 kids and all round good guy. Well done Mark! Cant wait for August xxxx
Old 6 May 14, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

update :-)
am today on page 25 of the sun and have just received a call saying that the next vc restoration i undertake the government want secretary of state eric pickles present...
Old 6 May 14, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sue.riley50 View Post
Loonasylum is my son and I'm so proud of him for the fantastic work that he's doing. To be honest though this is just typical of him, he'll do anything for anyone and he takes great pride in his work, he's a loving husband, doting dad to 5 kids and all round good guy. Well done Mark! Cant wait for August xxxx
Aww thats lovely , i can see why you are so proud x

Loonasylum its brilliant what you are doing , keep up the fab work x
Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando 2011
Tuscan Hills Villa (Dibb) 2013 ,2014 ANNIE
blondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 14, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mommacrab
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by loonasylum View Post
Thought id share with u...
About 8 months ago i was reading my local paper when i came upon a story about graves of Victoria Cross winners and how they had been neglected.
As a memorial mason i was saddened that this could happen, especially to REAL HERO`S...
I contacted the paper and was put in touch with The Victoria Cross Trust who are a charity that fight to get these graves restored and maintained. The graves are many and are not maintained by the Commonwealth War Graves as many of these hero`s died outside of conflict in their latter years and are buried within private family plots.
Well i offered my services to the trust free of charge to clean and maintain the stone that was covered in the paper as it was local to me and i felt the need to do something.
Last week saw the fruits of my labour finised and how very proud i felt at the completed restoration.
I am now happily the trusts official mason and have completed 3 restorations for them with 4 more pending and today see`s the trust get national coverage with the sun running the story.
I have created an album with before and after pics and will continue to add if people dont mind
And to some people this makes you a hero
Old 6 May 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

What a fantastic thing to do. Untended graves of anybody are very sad, but these heroes even more so, well done and thank you.