Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 14, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i found this and went back to powder too and no liquid fabric conditioner. I use a 2 in 1 powder and it no longer smells
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 14, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We got a new washer 2 years ago, and have only used two in one pillows that you put in the machine, so the drawer is as new.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Every few weeks I put a couple of spoons of vinegar in with the wash - no smells since! It was a hint I read on the Dibb a while ago.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Stop using liquid go back to old fashioned powder,common problem these days according to washing machine engineer we know.
And leave the machine door open when empty.
PS it could be just that "K" has smelly trampoline sox
This is true. I was using the tablets you put in the drum, after a few weeks of doing this my clothes smelt of mold.

I was told that it was the tablets and needed to go back to putting powder in the draw.

Never had the horrible smell again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Why is powder better to use, i use the liquid and when the washer empties the smell is horrendous coming up the kitchen sink, i've always thiught it was the drain outside cos we've had previous problems with which when i've had dyno rod out to unblock they said it was from using washing powder. Not sure now!
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by portsunlight View Post
Why is powder better to use, i use the liquid and when the washer empties the smell is horrendous coming up the kitchen sink, i've always thiught it was the drain outside cos we've had previous problems with which when i've had dyno rod out to unblock they said it was from using washing powder. Not sure now!
I was told putting the liquid or powder in draw means it can travel through the washing machine and cleans it, but if you put the liquid or powder in the draw it's not going through the system just in the draw and draining from there.

I found this was the case for me.
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cartern71 View Post
I was told putting the liquid or powder in draw means it can travel through the washing machine and cleans it, but if you put the liquid or powder in the draw it's not going through the system just in the draw and draining from there.

I found this was the case for me.
Doesn't make sense
I mean if you put the liquid or powder in the drum it doesn't travel through the machine just stays in drum.
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mine smells bad. Going to use some of these tips. Good ol' Dibb
Old 30 Apr 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Every so often I pour a bag of soda crystals in the drum and put on a boil wash, it flushes everything through. I pop a little in the drawer as well.

Also leave the door and drawer open between washes. Machine is in a utility room so that doesn't make the kitchen look messy.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 14, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Cupcake's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by portsunlight View Post
It's something to do with bleach containing bleach which kills bacteria etc and also the usual family don't wash at hot enough washes to really break down the liquid. This then leaves a residue on the drum etc and because it is warm and moist, bacteria love it, hence the black mould and smell.

My husband was very anti powder as he is a drainage engineer and has seen what over use of powder can do to drains as it builds up, however we have moved over to powder and it's been working well at eliminating smells, just don't over dose the powder x