Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 May 14, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

In don't know the law well enough to give you any advise but I did want to say that I am absolutely disgusted that someone is doing this to you and it really doesn't say much for that website that they have not removed your personal details from the post.

Sending you lots of {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 14, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was once a victim of some awful comments on a different forum and although some posts and comments were deleted after I contacted the mods there, I didn't really feel comfortable so I just never went back to the site. The fact that you don't actually use the site makes me wonder why on earth they would want to post about you in the first place.

Hope you either get it resolved to your satisfaction or you are able to walk away from it and leave this person to their undoubtedly sad and lonely life.
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

There is no doubt that the internet has brought with it some very strange people.

A few years ago I discovered that someone who I didn't know was posting things about me on a forum that they could have only found on my FB book page. I had no idea why anyone would be that interested in me enough to search me out

Luckily I learned how to increase my privacy settings on FB (at that time I was a novice)

I enjoy using a few forums but sadly it can bring with it some very odd and sometimes down right nasty people.
Old 9 May 14, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
norriebhoy
Apprentice Imagineer

Every Forum has the potential for morons, even this one, it is all down to how the Forum is Moderated, and thankfully we have fantastic Moderators who do not tolerate personal slights on members and other such nonsense, it is all very quickly nipped in the bud, keep up the good work.
Old 9 May 14, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Updated

Just to update you - after contacting the Moderators again, and asking them to look at other posts by this nasty person, where he'd been rude, sarcastic, belittling etc to others (though not to the extent of utterly disgusting, that he was about myself) they agreed to 'hold a meeting' with the site owner & all the Mods together.
No idea if the poster in question was sanctioned (gut feeling not, as he appears to be a regular on there, whilst I'm not) they agreed to take down my name completely. So a result, of sorts, at least

Having read through their forum rules though, which are similar to those of the Dibb, (posts must be 'family friendly', no harrassment, sexual content, bullying, abusive etc,etc) I'm quite appalled at their severe lack of moderation - especially with regard to this person's frequent jibes at others... I'm certain he certainly wouldn't have been given such oxygen on here !

To say I feel is relieved is an understatement - and I certainly have a renewed high regard for the most excellent work of our Mods on the Dibb ... who by comparison are running an excellent and very tight ship, to the benefit of all on here.

... having gone through this horrible episode I just want to say Dibb Mods YOU ARE THE BEST ! ... and thank you Dibbers for your most kind words & support.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I'm glad it was removed and as a newbie (joined in 2011 but only really started posting last month) It's nice to know moderators on here actually moderate!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you got some sort of result I just can't understand some people being so nasty
Taffy1959 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sounds like the guy needs to seek some kind of professional help! Glad you got a resolution of sorts and at least it reaffirms that we are well looked after here on the DIBB.
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

They are great just wish the mods here would enforce some sort of signature rules. Some of them have people's life history on them. That's what your profile is for!
jas72 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
He certainly seems a bit "unstable" if he regularly slates people and worse is the fact hes getting away with it!

Glad you got a good outcome and totally agree with you about the Dibb, although some may moan at certain decisions, most are for the good of the forum. xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread