Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 15 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I thought the same as you, i think he obviously had huge input to the film. I too felt sorry for him a bit though, what awful parents, but it was great to see him turn his life around, and find happiness and a true sense of a happy family life. I dont think they used his best music to its best potential. Im pleased i went to see it but i wont be buying on DVD.
I think you have to take everything with a pinch of salt; we don't know how his parents were really. It's a film and parts are dramatised for effect. He certainly lived with his mother a long time and I can't see he would have done that if she was so truly awful all of the time. My take is that there is probably good and bad in all the parties involved; his parents are here to defend themselves. There is other information on the web (so possibly just as unreliable) about Geoff, his half-brother, talking about Elton visiting lots and spending family holidays with them.

Perception is a funny old thing...
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Wasn't Taron Egerton fantastic? I loved him in it, loved the film too, so many times I just wanted to give him a big hug. Great film and great music.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our eldest daughter took me to see it last Sunday as part of my Father's Day present - although Joan tagged along too.

We all enjoyed it as a piece of entertainment and didn't try to analyse it too deeply. I guess that Joan and I are maybe the only two Dibbers older than Elt though.

Haven't been to the cinema in years and quite impressed with the large leather chairs with reclining backs and foot rests. A bit too far apart for snogging though.

Mick
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Enjoyed this movie have a passing interest in some of Elton's known tracks was a good film funny in places sad in others and it was great to hear the songs blasting out in the cinema. Haven't studied his live and no intention to but enjoyed the movie for what is was.

Loved the main actor he was also great in Eddie the Eagle.

Old 16 Jul 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Enjoyed this movie have a passing interest in some of Elton's known tracks was a good film funny in places sad in others and it was great to hear the songs blasting out in the cinema. Haven't studied his live and no intention to but enjoyed the movie for what is was.

Loved the main actor he was also great in Eddie the Eagle.
My daughter and I watched Eddie the Eagle for the first time a few weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List