Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 May 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Breakfast to go at DLH

Now available at Cafe Fantasia according to ED92. But at €14 for a croissant or pain au chocolate, orange juice and hot drink. Once again, charging more at DLH.

mobile.twitter/ED92live/...881793/photo/1

Edited at 12:39 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Can you use a grab and go voucher there, I wonder? I suspect so, as the grab and go breakfast was always supposed to be available from hotels. Might save some queues at Market House Deli and Cable Car Bakery.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

I wonder? Can't see how they could say it's only for DLH guests tbh as anyone should be able use it. I personally wouldn't pay more for it there though, but a voucher is different.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Just found this on Trip Advisor:

"So, if you're getting Standard Half Board free as part of your package then you get breakfast vouchers to use in Disneyland Park at either Hyperion Cafe, Chalet Marionette, Cable Car Bakeshop or Market Deli. Those restaurants will be adding breakfast items to their menus and you will have a choice of items. They couldn't tell me exactly what they would be but she said "a drink and continental breakfast items". The vouchers have a value of €9 and have to be used before 10.15 am. You can also use the vouchers at face value (€9) for a hotel breakfast but you have to pay the difference in price to what the hotel breakfast charge is. She also said that in some of the hotels they will have a 'Grab & Go' breakfast which you can use your voucher for.

If you have PAID for your Standard Half Board as an add-on then you get a hotel breakfast included.

You can also use your €9 breakfast vouchers towards a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens. The extra to pay per person is £15.

Plaza Gardens will no longer be included in the Standard Half Board meal plan for lunch or dinner.

All that information was given to be by DLP so I'm assuming it is correct."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

So you'd have to pay more to eat there then! I wouldn't bother.

I'll report back when I'm there soon. My parents now have premium half board so do get breakfast in Inventions. Myself and the girls don't 😂!

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Old 10 May 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add. I've booked them into PG for character breakfast at no extra cost to their premium half board. Not sure if this is what others have found too.
Old 10 May 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Just to add. I've booked them into PG for character breakfast at no extra cost to their premium half board. Not sure if this is what others have found too.
Did you manage to book them on the same table in the end? We've got breakfast included (booked before October) and I paid £4 each via the travel agent the other day to upgrade for PG. I wanted the 9.45 sitting on any day but could only get the 8.15 one and then only on the Thurs or Friday :-( Wonder if they are holding back any tables for those that can only book 2 or 3 days before?
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I'm not sure that Tripadvisor info is still true. I have read of people with the free breakfast vouchers being charged the full price for hotel breakfast, and the full price for Plaza Gardens breakfast. I've also read of people phoning up and adding the character breakfast for a supplement. I think - as ever - DLP is making it up as they go along at the moment.

Also I have read really bad reviews of the character breakfast, with characters only being allowed 30 seconds per table.

I wonder if there are plans to expand lunch and dinner into character meals too? That would take the pressure off - and if it's true that PG is no longer on the standard plan for lunch or dinner, that could be why.

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Just found this on Trip Advisor:

"So, if you're getting Standard Half Board free as part of your package then you get breakfast vouchers to use in Disneyland Park at either Hyperion Cafe, Chalet Marionette, Cable Car Bakeshop or Market Deli. Those restaurants will be adding breakfast items to their menus and you will have a choice of items. They couldn't tell me exactly what they would be but she said "a drink and continental breakfast items". The vouchers have a value of €9 and have to be used before 10.15 am. You can also use the vouchers at face value (€9) for a hotel breakfast but you have to pay the difference in price to what the hotel breakfast charge is. She also said that in some of the hotels they will have a 'Grab & Go' breakfast which you can use your voucher for.

If you have PAID for your Standard Half Board as an add-on then you get a hotel breakfast included.

You can also use your €9 breakfast vouchers towards a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens. The extra to pay per person is £15.

Plaza Gardens will no longer be included in the Standard Half Board meal plan for lunch or dinner.

All that information was given to be by DLP so I'm assuming it is correct."
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I'm not sure that Tripadvisor info is still true.
I have read of people with the free breakfast vouchers being charged the full price for hotel breakfast, and the full price for Plaza Gardens breakfast. I've also read of people phoning up and adding the character breakfast for a supplement. I think - as ever - DLP is making it up as they go along at the moment.

Also I have read really bad reviews of the character breakfast, with characters only being allowed 30 seconds per table.

I wonder if there are plans to expand lunch and dinner into character meals too? That would take the pressure off - and if it's true that PG is no longer on the standard plan for lunch or dinner, that could be why.
I agree Gill - and I thought to myself "aw bless" when I read the last line of that post on tripadvisor - "All that information was given to be by DLP so I'm assuming it is correct.""
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Did you manage to book them on the same table in the end? We've got breakfast included (booked before October) and I paid £4 each via the travel agent the other day to upgrade for PG. I wanted the 9.45 sitting on any day but could only get the 8.15 one and then only on the Thurs or Friday :-( Wonder if they are holding back any tables for those that can only book 2 or 3 days before?
Erm no, they are booked separately! And we aren't on the booking at all 😂! I will speak to the DLH concierge and see if I can sort when we get there. If we can't then we'll be cancelling - ridiculous that they can't sit two room reservations together!

I agree with Gill - they make it up as they go along and it changes depending on who you speak to!