Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 2 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Posting a trip report

I am planning on writing a trip report for our upcoming visit.

This is going to sound like a stupid question (because it is) but in terms of posting it...

Do i literally just post each day’s report in the Trip Report forum? How do I create an index with all the days listed?

This will all be done when I’m back home as I’ll not be live reporting but just wondered!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is easier than you think! I've done it and I'm not hugely computer savvy!

Yes you post each day individually.

In the index forum area create your index...some people do this in advance, some after they've begun.

To create a clickable link the way I do it is to have both the index and the actual post for the day open in 2 tabs. Then copy the address for the day just posted. Go back to the index page, edit the first post and then click on icon of the globe with the paperclip. Paste the link you just copied into the window that pops up. Then you should see the link there in lots of letters, numbers etc 'internet code' speak. You can type over the top of this 'day 1'...

I then usually check it's worked properly by previewing the post before saving the changes. If you click on the link it should open a new page with the day you've just posted.

I'm sure I've made it sound more complicated than it really is!

Also, I tend to reply to the index thread to announce that the next day is posted as just updating the index in the first post won't result in the people who are subscribed getting an email, so if you post a new message to say day 1 is up your readers will know.

I hope all that makes sense.

Have a fab trip. I love reading trip reports so I'll look out for yours.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This is easier than you think! I've done it and I'm not hugely computer savvy!

Yes you post each day individually.

In the index forum area create your index...some people do this in advance, some after they've begun.

To create a clickable link the way I do it is to have both the index and the actual post for the day open in 2 tabs. Then copy the address for the day just posted. Go back to the index page, edit the first post and then click on icon of the globe with the paperclip. Paste the link you just copied into the window that pops up. Then you should see the link there in lots of letters, numbers etc 'internet code' speak. You can type over the top of this 'day 1'...

I then usually check it's worked properly by previewing the post before saving the changes. If you click on the link it should open a new page with the day you've just posted.

I'm sure I've made it sound more complicated than it really is!

Also, I tend to reply to the index thread to announce that the next day is posted as just updating the index in the first post won't result in the people who are subscribed getting an email, so if you post a new message to say day 1 is up your readers will know.

I hope all that makes sense.

Have a fab trip. I love reading trip reports so I'll look out for yours.
Thank you so much. I’ll probably create the index before I go and then just keep updating with days when I come back. I love reading reports too so hopefully I can do it justice!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List