Notices

Old 1 Jun 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LN89
VIP Dibber

C&L Return to WDW Sept 2019

Hey

I am unbelievably excited to be writing a pre-trippe for a WDW trip 🙂

I am Laura and my husband is Chris. We will both be turning 30 just before the trip, mine being 12 days before we go , so it will feel like part celebration!

We went to WDW for our honeymoon in 2015 and had the best time ever! It was the first time I had ever visited, Chris had been twice before as a child. I have been desperate to return, we originally thought Sept 2018, however due to a number of things and an exciting trip to South Africa instead, we decided on Sept 2019.

We originally said Sept 2019 in the hope Galaxy Edge would be open, but it then looked unlikely, however we now know that it will be . Chris in particular is a huge star wars fan, the star wars weekends was one of the main reasons we went in May last time .

Some extra excitement is my parents are coming for part of the trip .

My parents have never been to WDW and had said they would like to go before they get too old for all the walking. I mentioned ages ago that they should consider going at the time with us, however they also have loads of other countries on their list of places they’d like to visit. But one day, when I was at work, I got a text from my mum asking what dates we were going and the rest is history 🙂.

Chris and I are going for three weeks, this includes:

4 night cruise on Disney Dream - we have just booked an inside cabin, I figured we won't be in the room much. I am so excited to see the ship and also stop at Castaway Cay.

4 nights in Lowes Royal Pacific Resort
- we stayed at HRH last time and loved the advantages of staying in a universal hotel. We merely chose LRPR as it was cheaper than HRH and we noticed how much more everything was costing since 2015! We are massive Harry Potter fans so cannot wait to see this again. We also recently did the Valentine's Day ball (report here), which was a lovely pre holiday celebration.

11 nights in CSR with a water view and DDP - it took us a while to decide which resort to stay in. We stayed in SSR last time but this was out of the question due to our budget so we were trying decide betweenn POR, CBR and CSR. It took sometime but we have always loved the look of CSR and I liked how close it was to three of the four parks. Having seen the recent pictures of the resort since the refurbishments, I am so glad we have chosen this resort!

Rather than booking a package, I have done this all seperately. It takes a lot of work but I really enjoy it!

My parents are flying out on the same day and are staying at Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista for two weeks. They want to try to do as much as they can in their two weeks so I am currently planning their trip too. They booked through Virgin Holidays and we have booked onto the same flight so we are all flying out together we had booked the 1pm flight but it has changed to 10.10am as they’ve removed the later flight. I prefer the early flight as it means we get to Orlando earlier 🙂.

We have booked into the same hotel as them for our first two nights, we were planning on staying somewhere near ID anyway so it made sense.

We booked all of our ADRs in March. I found this so stressful, we were both at work and I had to do it on my phone so was trying to book things and communicate with Chris at the same time ! We couldn't get an Ohana that we wanted but we swapped a day so are doing everything we wanted! We will both be together for our 60 day fastpasses fortunately so hopefully it won't be so stressful.

Our restaurant bookings include: Ohana (twice), Saana, Boma, Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package, Be our Guest (breakfast and lunch), Sci Fi Dine in, Chef Mickey, Rainforest Cafe (breakfast), Restaurant Marrakech, Tepan Edo. We are also going to try to new Telodo Restaurant at CSR, I can't wait for this as I have heard how amazing the views are expected to be!

We have been to Ohana, Saana and Restaurant Marrakech before. Particularly excited for Ohana again .

We love trying different sorts of food, so excited to try some of the others. We haven't booked any at Disney Springs as I wasn't overly inspired by the restaurants. We will of course be visiting for an Earl!

I have managed to get my parents a Be our Guest lunch reservation, it is early at 11.05am but as they are off site, I was still so happy to get one! All four of us are also going to Chef Mickey on their last night. We went for breakfast last time but looking forward to trying dinner.

The change to EMH has messed up some of ADRs, however I actually managed to change a few to account for days we will be getting up super early. I will be able to finalise our plans once I have booked our fastpasses.

We will shortly be doing a double digit celebration Thanks for reading

Edited at 08:57 PM.
LN89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Sounds like a great trip, we will also be there mid September and can't wait!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List