Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
ResalesDVC
Unread 11 Jun 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Apprentice Imagineer

Best time of year for Disney cruise to Castaway Cay?

Were hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). Were tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? Im mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.
Unread 12 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Were hoping to book a Disney cruise for 2021, 5-7 nights, calling at Castaway Cay (any route). Were tied to school holidays as I work in a school and both children are at school, but open to travelling in any holiday (we can all get an extra day off at the start / end of a holiday if needed.)

Which holiday(s) would be best for a cruise to Castaway Cay? Im mainly thinking best for weather, but any other reasons for choosing a particular time of year would also be handy to know.
I'd opt for Easter, but be careful of Spring Break as everywhere will be chocker and the cost of cruises higher.

Either that, or October half term which, although in hurricane season, has always served us well.

Joa
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank youll, well look at the best option between Easter and October then. I assume October is a safer bet than August when it comes to hurricane season?

Im guessing February would be too cold for a cruise, even in the Bahamas? And is May half term a bad choice?
Unread 12 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
New Poster (2)

Weve been to castaway cay in late February twice, both times the weather was lovely and we stayed on the beach all day, dont know if we were just lucky though.
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 12 Jun 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Weve been twice in August with no issues, works best for us as I wont go at Easter as too busy and we only have a week off in October (I work in a school too)
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5 weeks of Fun, Universal,Disney&Cruise
Unread 12 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We just done April on the Disney Dream. Weather was fabulous! It was such a nice break from the crowds of the parks during spring break and Easter
Clarion I-Drive July 2004, Clarion I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006, Southern Dunes Villa May 2010 (married my husband in Flo), Town Centre Villa June 2011, Southern Dunes August 2012, Hampton Lakes, Carnival Cruise August 2013, Regal Palms 2014, Southern dunes 2017. Southern Dunes, Hard Rock Hotel May 2018, AKL, Disney Dream, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge 2019
Going back August 2019:
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Loews Sapphire
Unread 13 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isnt really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasnt had any recommendations yet.)
Unread 14 Jun 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Ok, so it sounds like February, Easter, August and October are all winners for different people and different reasons. Maybe there isnt really a bad choice then? (Except perhaps for May half term, which hasnt had any recommendations yet.)
Your best bet is to play around on the website and look at the price hikes at different times. Avoid US holidays and it's better of course.
There is never a bad time to go on holiday!
Attraction Tickets Direct