Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefully
Proud to wear my Ears

Whispering canyon is it worth it

Hi all, I wanted to go here when we went in 2011 but never got chance ... is it worth it do you still do the ketchup thing .? Xx
Hopefully is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

We went here the night before hurricane Irma before everything shut for 2 days so was quite quiet, probably not the best night to go on!
We found the food to be very very average to be honest! BUT we loved wandering around wilderness lodge it was stunning! I love visiting resorts.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I had been wanting to do this for years. We finally decided to book it last year, just as they announced the new quieter form of entrainment that would not disturb the guests staying in the hotel.
The atmosphere was 0, it was very quiet so we felt we had to be quiet. It was really strange to be honest. The food was ok but very slow, we had the skillet and had to ask for more food. I hate this because if it’s ‘all you care to eat’ and the server see’s that all the food is gone surely they should ask if you want more. But no, we had to wave our server over and ask for more. We waited about 25 mins then asked where our food was! The server said it was being cooked fresh therefore there is a long wait. By the time it had arrived we had had enough and left without desert.
So not the best experience and the worst service ever
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Big shame that they've toned it down. We stayed at WL in 2015 and had dinner and breakfast there, and fabulous dinner at Artist Point (now replaced by Storybook Dining). While the food at WC was ordinary, the atmosphere was great and it was real fun. Looks like that has gone, so I can't really see the point of going there.
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We loved whispering canyon until this year, the skillet and fun nature of the restaurant meant it was always on our must do list. However in March we were really disappointed. We were sat at the back of the restaurant and the skillet just wasn’t as good. Less food and poor quality. I’m hoping it was just a one off so will give it another try in September.
Florida Gator is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I also did dinner there and wouldn’t recommend it. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant and the atmosphere is non existent.

Have booked an ADR for breakfast this year as I’ve heard they’ve kept the fun element during that mealtime so fingers crossed it’s an improvement on our last experience 🤞🏼
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I did a review on Whispering Canyon from our 2016 visit. When planning our meals for this year's trip even though we are staying at WL I wasn't necessarily going to book it. However it turns out my husband and children have very fond memories and definitely wanted to go back. I've booked it for our last meal before we catch the MDE.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just read somewhere that from Feb this year the shenanigans are back, not quite as crazy as they were but certainly a lot better than before when they had stopped.
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We went for my birthday lunch in December for lunch having been the previous year for dinner.

It was riotous on both occasions.

The staff threw straws, teased the children, ketchup was yelled for loudly and often, adults were insulted even when having Happy Birthday sang to them. At lunch a waitress "stole!" my younger daughter's mobile and ran around the restaurant taking selfies with the customers.

Dinner was very busy, lunch not as much but the insults were more frequent and personnal then. More singing at dinner.

It is not fine dining but the food was good and worth paying out of pocket for us as we all enjoyed the side show.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We did it 2 summers ago when we stayed at WL and loved it. Fun with the ketchup, Straws and napkin hat for hubby as it was his birthday. Great fun and the kids loved it.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List