Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Kenwood Travel
Unread 3 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
That seems like a great price for the mini van - is that hertz direct? Id already deduced that we would defo need one of those next year!

Ouch to that increase on the Hard Rock! Im sure itll all be worth it though and great little saving on the photo package too. Xx
Yes it was a really good price, particularly in comparison to som of the other rental companies! It was through eBookers and Paul found when he logged into his account the price went down by about 80 from what it was when he first searched! (you will for sure be needing a mini van so might be useful information for next year! )

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Im the exact same with car hire, Chriss choice! I really couldnt care what kind it is! Haha!

So glad you got your night at universal and the deal on the photos! Ill look forward to seeing the ride pics

Not long till double digits now! Xxx
I'm hoping more than anything ET's closest is open again for the photo op... Charlie in there will make for the cutest photo ever!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Charlie's First WDW Adventure
Unread 4 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Getting Excited

Great you have booked a night at Hard Rock - I love that hotel and the cocktails are pretty good too!

Did you book Premier Inn or still price stalking? I have a room booked now but price didn't' drop.

Pre Trip Report:- https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1111233
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
8 nights at Port Orleans Riverside
Unread 4 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great you have booked a night at Hard Rock - I love that hotel and the cocktails are pretty good too!

Did you book Premier Inn or still price stalking? I have a room booked now but price didn't' drop.
We have a room booked at the flexible rate (99) so I am still stalking to see if the saver rate will come down. It is not budging! I think I will give it to the end of the month and then just bite the bullet and re-book as it will still save us 25ish!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

Looks Fab,

My wife and myself are travelling in September this year with our 20 month year old daughter for her first visit. We are taking My Mum and her Partner.

Very similar holidays!
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st Visit for Little One
Unread 14 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Looks Fab,

My wife and myself are travelling in September this year with our 20 month year old daughter for her first visit. We are taking My Mum and her Partner.

Very similar holidays!
Oh wow very similar holidays indeed! I think we both have the right idea taking the grandparents along... surely 4 adults to one toddler should make it a little easier to manage right?!
Unread 15 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

ESTAs, park tickets and more shopping!

Time for another update I feel like things are really starting to get ticked off the list now!

So firstly, ESTAs are sorted! Is there anything more nerve-wracking than waiting for them to be approved?! I submitted them late on a Sunday night and by the time I woke up on the Monday they were all approved, what a relief!

Also ticked off the list park tickets! Well most of them anyway, the most expensive ones are sorted! We have bought 14 day Disney tickets through Florida Escapes (385pp) and then two-day two-park hopper Universal tickets from Orlando Attractions (212pp). Crazy how expensive Universal is for just two days, it wasnt much more to get a 14 day ticket but we know we wont be doing any more than two days so seems silly to pay the extra when we wont use it. Hopper tickets were also a must as Joan and John both havent been on the Hogwarts Express so it was essential that we could do that (plus we like being able to hop between the parks depending on crowds rather than being restricted to one park for a whole day).

We still need to buy SeaWorld tickets, but as I am going to get those direct I am holding off in hope the dollar rate improves slightly (wishful thinking right?!) and then also KSC.

The shopping has also continued! I have started buying bits to keep Charlie entertained on the plane so far we have stickers books, an aqua drawing pad, reading books and colouring (Disney themed of course!). I still need to get some crayons and also some headphones (any suggestions on good ones would be most appreciated!). No doubt I will be picking more up to fill his Trunki before we fly and of course we will also go armed with a variety of snacks!

Also sorted is an autograph book for Charlie. Having never experienced Disney as a child, collecting autographs is a whole new thing to me so I was super keen to get Charlie a book to keep as a memento of his first ever WDW trip.≈ I found this lovely personalised one on eBay which I loved, especially as it has the year on too. Now I just need to get some Sharpies for signing with! Im excited to see how many characters we can get to sign it over the two weeks, I am hoping the character breakfasts will be a good start!

One last thing that has recently been sorted is a pressed penny holder. I popped a post on here asking if people had seen these in the parks recently (I was worrying that they might not do them anymore) and the very lovely Pamela (aka Mamie Baldwin) sent me a message saying she was currently out in WDW and had seen them and would pick one up for me! It has recently arrived and I absolutely love it, exactly what I was looking for! I love that it features all 4 parks and Pamela was even so kind to put in some shiny pennies ready to be pressed! The generosity and kindness of this lovely community never fails to amaze me, Pamela has refused to take any money for this which is so unbelievably generous. I am now on the look out for a pay to way this lovely act of kindness forward!

Oh and one last thing that I just remembered we have also booked our airport transfers! Joan and John will be leaving their car at our house so we will all be picked up from ours at 5:30pm on the Friday and then heading to Gatwick ready to fly the next day. Good to have that ticked off the list too!

Its all coming together, 75 days to go!

Edited at 06:45 PM.
Unread 15 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oooooh look at that lovely countdown

Have to admit, Im kinda jealous of all of Charlies plane activities haha! Im sure hell be more than occupied!

Universal ticket prices are ridiculous! Disney is for sure better value. And to think they still charge for express passes!

Ah what a lovely thing for Pamela to do! I never saw these when I was out, so Im very happy you got one

So excited for you all xxx
Redrach1903 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
9 nights at The Dolphin :)
Unread 15 Jul 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Imagineer

Mobile

Great planning, I cant wait to follow your travels. Theres nothing like your childrens 1st visit to WDW (took our 4 for their 1st trip back in April, albeit youngest was 7 & eldest 16), but still, it was so special to give them the holiday of a lifetime.
I love all of your ears, t-shirts & Charlie's activities.
And what a good idea re booking flexible Premier Inn rates & then looking for cheaper saver ones & switching. Never thought of that & am due to book 3 nights soon for a UK break, so will be using this tip! Thank you.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!