Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 14 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Tables in Wonderland

I've just ordered a tables in wonderland card. She took the payment information and advised it would be here in 2-3 weeks but no email address or anything so I don't have any receipt or confirmation of it. Is this correct?
Unread 14 Jun 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

You should have just bought when you arrive in WDW. This is what we always do.
You get the card straight away and it would be valid from that date and not the date today or when you just bought it.

Next Trip Sept '19
Jun 98 Apr 99 Dec 99 Apr 00 Mar 03 Jun/Jul 04 Dec/Jan 05/06 Jul 06 Dec 06 Jun/Jul 08 Jun/Jul 09 Jul/Aug 11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov 15 Villa/GF/Poly Sep 16 Villa/BWV May'18 Villa/BLT/AKL
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Flights booked! Newbie in Tow
Unread 14 Jun 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

It takes 4 or 5 days and it will arrive by fedex. There is no email confirmation it just turns up.

I bought on 16th May and the card arrived with 30th June 2020 expiry, and it's a proper plastic card.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
You should have just bought when you arrive in WDW. This is what we always do.
You get the card straight away and it would be valid from that date and not the date today or when you just bought it.
unfortunately I couldn't do that as my points are bought resale. i doubt they would have let me buy one
Unread 14 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
unfortunately I couldn't do that as my points are bought resale. i doubt they would have let me buy one
They are only supposed to sell to AP holders over the phone for this reason, they have no way of verifying DVC membership.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Yes it will be fine. Youll get the card fine. Many buy over the phone, including sole resale buyers. If you dont receive it ring them up and theyll send another. Youve also paid via credit card so you have CCA protection.

Theres actually no statement, T&Cs, caveat etc on the Tables in Wonderland site at all that its direct only, so this is totally unclear. In fact, now its quite the opposite, the old standalone website was removed and the new text was changed compared to before. The site now says show a membership ID OR a card when buying it, and a membership ID is the white card (SK when you are resale only you will see on your DVC site it says you can click to see your membership ID. This text changes if you ever buy direct, to say click here for membership card and then it shows you a blue digital card instead.) So DVC themselves only using the term membership ID in relation to a white card.

So if it wasnt open to resale, why would they say you can show something that only resale members have, to pick it up? That would be false and misleading advertising. Given its on the GB section of the site Im not sure if you could get Trading Stabdards involved, but I bet the ASA would be happy to take it up. Youll also notice on that site there is now also nothing about it being direct members only. Here is the text:

When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:

Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card

Here is the website:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...in-wonderland/

Bottom line is its another lucrative item for Disney, $150 is not insubstantial for a card that encourages more spending and only offers a modest discount, such loyalty cards are often given free in the restaurant trade. Ive got one giving me 15% off at my local (very popular) curry house.

I suspect in reality if you went to pick one up resale only, youd find people not adequately trained, who were not even aware of the wording on their own website and what membership ID means, so I agree, you are much better just calling up to save argument at the desk.

Edited at 07:16 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Such a pity it's not widely available to use in the Parks for quick service.

We use it at Pitzafari in the AK where we share a pizza for lunch. 99% of the staff have to get a Manager to show them how to apply the discount as it's not just a swipe on the till.

Brilliant for quick service in the Resorts mind

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 15 Jun 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Can you use it at any of the quick service? Ironically I haven't heard of Pizzafari is it worth a trip?
Florida Escapes