Old 25 Jun 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Universal

With no overnight stay we’ll just be grabbing lunch here but no trip to Universal would be complete without both Butterbeer and Butterbeer Ice Cream!

We usually pop out to Citywalk for lunch and will probably head to Margaritaville. I do enjoy a Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Marie wants the nachos but these are enormous and last time we couldn’t even make a dent between us!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All these food photos are not helping my diet at all, I’m totally craving something nice! Only 33 more days to go...
I can’t wait for my Butterbeer-have you ever tried a hot Butterbeer? I need to try one, I thought I’d tried them all but apparently there is some kind of fudge too!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The num num cookie is on my list, plus I've seen HS have a key lime pie on a stick but I don't know where to get that from so I need to look that up.

I love DFB too. I was desperate to try out those funnel cakes last summer, but the stand was always closed I've checked the opening times and it says 11am so fingers crossed they do actually open then as I'll be first in line

The Mickey shaped donut also looks fab, I'm going to have to hunt that down. The Cheshire cat tail was yummy, war, gooey chocolatey goodness.

The Joffreys cart in front of the Ellen's Energy adventure building was our go to for those donuts. There was never a line in the morning.

Like you I feel spoilt for choice in DS. As we did blaze wand d-luxe last summer I want to prioritise Morimoto Street food and polite pig. Plus a Ghiradelli sundae for dessert.

You've got some fab food plans. I wonder how many of these great choices you will end up with. I find the snacks hard to get through with the DDP and lots of my plans end up forgotten about. But that's probably because I've always stuffed myself too much at the buffets and don't have room for all the other treats. Note to self eat less at the buffets

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
All these food photos are not helping my diet at all, I’m totally craving something nice! Only 33 more days to go...
I can’t wait for my Butterbeer-have you ever tried a hot Butterbeer? I need to try one, I thought I’d tried them all but apparently there is some kind of fudge too!
No, I thought the hot one was maybe just winter? I think it sounds like it would be fab on a cold day!

Not long for you now! You must be so excited!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The num num cookie is on my list, plus I've seen HS have a key lime pie on a stick but I don't know where to get that from so I need to look that up.

I love DFB too. I was desperate to try out those funnel cakes last summer, but the stand was always closed I've checked the opening times and it says 11am so fingers crossed they do actually open then as I'll be first in line

The Mickey shaped donut also looks fab, I'm going to have to hunt that down. The Cheshire cat tail was yummy, war, gooey chocolatey goodness.

The Joffreys cart in front of the Ellen's Energy adventure building was our go to for those donuts. There was never a line in the morning.

Like you I feel spoilt for choice in DS. As we did blaze wand d-luxe last summer I want to prioritise Morimoto Street food and polite pig. Plus a Ghiradelli sundae for dessert.

You've got some fab food plans. I wonder how many of these great choices you will end up with. I find the snacks hard to get through with the DDP and lots of my plans end up forgotten about. But that's probably because I've always stuffed myself too much at the buffets and don't have room for all the other treats. Note to self eat less at the buffets
I think the Key Lime on a stick is maybe the same place as the Num Num?
I keep imagining a warm Num Num cookie and I’m practically drooling!

I imagine I’ll fail spectacularly at getting anywhere near all the food items I’ve got my eye on! We’re so lazy and when we’re tired we just go to the nearest place!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I just watched a DFB video and saw some pretty good snacks. I'm glad I bothered to stay tuned as the video started with the update on price increases for annual passes, which didn't interest me. But as I was sorting out the washing I stayed tuned. All of a sudden she moved on to new food like a gator waffle at Morimoto asia and other food at DS, but I think the celebrating the food of Florida at DS will be done by the time you get there.

There is a new tiger tail at AK which is essentially a copy of the Cheshire cat tail but with orange and black stripes not pink and purple. There is also a dole whip float, which she said is served in a flute with Apple cider as a snack credit...this gave me pause for thought for 2 reasons I didn't think you could get alcohol in MK apart from at sit down TS restaurants and I also didn't think you could ever get alcohol floats as a snack credit. So now I'm wondering if I misheard or if cider in the US is different to our cider?

Anyway, I thought I'd share the info with other people who I know love snacks! It was an odd video as she also talked about who was booked as narrators for the candlelight processionals and that there are new fireworks for MVMCP.

If you find the video take a look and see if you can spot what she meant with the dole whip float as I'm really intrigued!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I just watched a DFB video and saw some pretty good snacks. I'm glad I bothered to stay tuned as the video started with the update on price increases for annual passes, which didn't interest me. But as I was sorting out the washing I stayed tuned. All of a sudden she moved on to new food like a gator waffle at Morimoto asia and other food at DS, but I think the celebrating the food of Florida at DS will be done by the time you get there.

There is a new tiger tail at AK which is essentially a copy of the Cheshire cat tail but with orange and black stripes not pink and purple. There is also a dole whip float, which she said is served in a flute with Apple cider as a snack credit...this gave me pause for thought for 2 reasons I didn't think you could get alcohol in MK apart from at sit down TS restaurants and I also didn't think you could ever get alcohol floats as a snack credit. So now I'm wondering if I misheard or if cider in the US is different to our cider?

Anyway, I thought I'd share the info with other people who I know love snacks! It was an odd video as she also talked about who was booked as narrators for the candlelight processionals and that there are new fireworks for MVMCP.

If you find the video take a look and see if you can spot what she meant with the dole whip float as I'm really intrigued!
Yes we saw that video and I thought the tiger tail and apple cider float looked interesting. I think apple cider in the US is just apple juice as I’ve seen it mentioned a few times. Plus I think she said that float was a snack credit so it must be non-alcoholic.

Part of the problem is that I see snacks then realise they’re limited time ones .

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Jun 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well I’ve gone and accidentally cancelled the car hire . I was considering it because I wanted to change to Hertz but now I’ve proper done it and didn’t really mean to. I’m now considering whether to book another car or stick with Disney transport. Off to mull it over.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear, maybe it’s sign you should give it a go without the car!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Oh dear, maybe it’s sign you should give it a go without the car!
I know. Although this is the last year we’d get free parking at the hotel and we do really like having the car. I’m such an idiot.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well I’ve gone and accidentally cancelled the car hire . I was considering it because I wanted to change to Hertz but now I’ve proper done it and didn’t really mean to. I’m now considering whether to book another car or stick with Disney transport. Off to mull it over.
Go without!

It is meant to be, I cancelled ours this week to save a bit of money.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List