Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PACOOK
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Dine in movie

Has anybody ever done the dine in movie at Disney springs? Just wondering if I would need to book in advance of the holiday or if I can just book when we get there? Fancy watching toy story or lion king and have dinner whilst watching.
PACOOK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi
We went when there in October. Just tipped up and there was plenty of seats but suppose it depends on how popular the film is you choose. My son (9 years) loved it. One of his highlights.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did it and again just turned up and bought tickets, will be doing it again next time we go as it’s fun and my daughter loved it, will be checking what films are on and might pre book if it’s likely to sell out
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just a note that this is a ‘must show ID’ if you want to buy alcohol. Been a couple of times & refused on both occasions as no ID with us (other side of 50 by the way).
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

We went a few years back and didn't really enjoy it. They came around 20 mins before the end of the movie to ask for us to pay and it was really awkward as we were trying to watch and pay at same time. As said this was a few years ago so they might have changed this process but we didn't enjoy it for that reason. Its a great concept but would have been easier if they'd just either taken a payment card at the start before the movie or just let us pay as we left
Old 25 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

How far in advance do these advertise? We not travelling until October
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

For anyone with a car I highly reccomend the Studio Movie Grill cinema at Sunset Walk attached to Margaritaville on 192. It is under a 10 minute ride from Animal Kingdom. From what I have read the food is better than AMC at Disney Springs. The seats are huge recliners with your own tray table and absolutely fantastic.
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
For anyone with a car I highly reccomend the Studio Movie Grill cinema at Sunset Walk attached to Margaritaville on 192. It is under a 10 minute ride from Animal Kingdom. From what I have read the food is better than AMC at Disney Springs. The seats are huge recliners with your own tray table and absolutely fantastic.
Cheers for this looks good!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
How far in advance do these advertise? We not travelling until October
movie listing is released on wednesdays for the next week

amctheatres/movie-th...springs-24/all

(at time I write this, their site is rubbish and won't load, come back later)

just be sure to select "dine in full service" in the menu, because not all movies get the dine in service. you can also see movies without having a meal (regular theater), that's not even at the same place (different entrance, regular movie theater entrance is on the side where Disney quest used to be, dine in theater entrance is on the side of planet hollywood and the orange parking garage

they will get with the check during the movie, if you don't want to be disturbed, just work this with your sever before the movie starts.

we did book in advance. That was for the release of the nutjob 2 , and as it turned out, there were only 8 people in the room

but I imagine for some movies like avengers endgame (currently showing) it might be more crowded

note that when you book in advance, you get to choose your seat. So it makes a difference between being sat centered and back and being sat on the edge of the room and with your nose on the screen.

so if you value where you're seated, definitely book, even if it's not always necessary
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List