Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdogz
New Poster (4)

British Airways meals

Hello,

We fly out 4 weeks today (so excited) We are flying from gatwick with BA. I just have a question about the food on the plane. I have very fussy other half and step son.
Has anyone flown with them recently that could give me an idea of then the meals are like? I have ordered my Step son a kids meal, but after our last trip and neither of them eating the food I would like to be prepared lol
Thanks
Tdogz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tdogz View Post
Hello,

We fly out 4 weeks today (so excited) We are flying from gatwick with BA. I just have a question about the food on the plane. I have very fussy other half and step son.
Has anyone flown with them recently that could give me an idea of then the meals are like? I have ordered my Step son a kids meal, but after our last trip and neither of them eating the food I would like to be prepared lol
Thanks
I have no specific advice, but eat most things and have always found them ok...

My advice is go to Boots airside and take a meal deal onboard, its only a couple of quid and you have covered all bases.

Have a great holiday and say hello to Mickey for me

Disney332
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't answer specifically I'm afraid but Joan has a serious onion allergy and all airline's caterers deem it appropriate to put onions into everything.

So what we always do when flying from LGW is to visit the M&S Food store and stock up. If the main course is remotely appetizing Joan will have a go at it and save the M&S sandwiches for tea on the plane.

M&S are landside at both terminals.

Mick
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I flew on BA last week but from Heathrow.

On manage my booking there was a section for choose my meal and gave choice of chicken curry or beef something.

I had chicken curry and my son had beef and both were good. The tea time offering was a pizza which surprised me as was expecting sandwiches. Again was lovely and pleasantly surprised as have had some horrible meals.

Don’t know if Gatwick will be different to Heathrow but I always get meal deals or m&s food for grandkids as they are fussy too as a safeguard
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vodlas
Being a bit Goofy

Flew out from gatwick 4 weeks ago. It was chicken, veg, mashed potatoes and sauce both ways and pesto pasta going out and veg pasta coming back. Sandwich was salmon, breakfast was a cream cheese croissant yucky thing. Chicken dishes were edible.
Vodlas is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Sometimes fussy eaters prefer to order the vegie option in advance.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to jump on this thread but what do you get in the kids meals please? We are flying from Heathrow soon.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdogz
New Poster (4)

Mobile

I was thinking our best option will be to buy something for them at boots or m&s. They are both super fussy don’t do cheese, sauces the list is endless. I will eat almost anything. I will check the BA website and see if they have the options on there.
Thanks all
Tdogz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
On the way back, get to the airport early and go straight through security then go to Outback or Bahama Breeze airside near the gate. Then when you get on board you don't need the evening meal and can have a sleep. We also agree that the croissart thing they give you in the morning isn't nice

Also agree about getting a meal deal from Boots, airside on your flight out, then you are covered. Remember to leave any sandwiches, fruit etc on the plane when you land in Florida.

Have a lovely time.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread but what do you get in the kids meals please? We are flying from Heathrow soon.
This was February last year, so it’s possible it may be a bit different, but hopefully gives an idea. They loved the food going out (chicken nuggets and mash) but hated it coming back (I always find the meals worse out of the US! I think that one was some sort of pretzel coated chicken nugget, but was pretty dry and bland

Edited at 09:44 PM.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List