Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I think that's just helped me decide when to book for next year! I was torn between May and August, but younger dd turns 7 at the end of July (older dd turns 11, but that makes no difference either way.) I wonder if it will still be on in August 2018?
I'm sure it will be, it's very popular. The WDW one has been running for years, not sure if they take season breaks though. My DD did it August last year too, we went from 25-29th.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Fingers crossed then
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
theboothenend
Earning More Ears

Mobile

My son would LOVE to do this. He'l be the grand old age of 6 and a half when we go tho, are they really strict with being 7 or can we bend the truth a little bit?
theboothenend is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellya
Proud to wear my Ears

Is there little to no opportunity to sign up later in the day to this? I'm not sure if my two would want to do as haven't asked they are 8 and 12 but don't want to without knowing the full details I'm taking them as a single mum and can't justify or want to spend two hours in a queue with them first thing in the morning 😬 There must be a better way for Disney to get kids to sign up rather than make parents queue for two hours.
Anyway a heads up on whether it's worth popping over or not later in the day for cancellations maybe? Thanks
Kellya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kellya View Post
Is there little to no opportunity to sign up later in the day to this? I'm not sure if my two would want to do as haven't asked they are 8 and 12 but don't want to without knowing the full details I'm taking them as a single mum and can't justify or want to spend two hours in a queue with them first thing in the morning 😬 There must be a better way for Disney to get kids to sign up rather than make parents queue for two hours.
Anyway a heads up on whether it's worth popping over or not later in the day for cancellations maybe? Thanks
Ridiculous isn't it? But I haven't heard of a different way.

We were lucky to go to WDW a few years ago and I got my DS to watch the YouTube clip. Then talked to him about it.
He said "Yes" he wanted to do it.
On the day, he got to the park and decided against it before I queued up! Thank goodness it was before and not after!

Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kellya View Post
it works the same way at WDW - in fact theres a mad dash to the sign-up area there as soon as the park gates open (think marathon-walking pace). At least when people do the same mad dash for Crush in the Studios at DLP opening time they won't be waiting for 2 hours to come back later!
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellya
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Tubbsy, so glad your son changed his mind before you queued up that would be horrendous 🙈 Thanks sammy kitten, I think the plan will be to not show anything about it to them haha
Kellya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I guess the advantage of the queuing system is that you'd only queue that long if your children were really really desperate to do it, so people who are keen get the spots ahead of those who aren't that bothered.

Dd really enjoyed watching it last year (we only went along on our last day, so it was too late to join in by the time we found out about it) so being in the audience is a good option for children who are interested in Star Wars but not that keen to join in.

The huge disadvantage is that it definitely discriminates against people who are there as the lone adult, meaning that their children would have to sacrifice hours of park time to stand in the queue. Obviously it's very biased towards people with EMT too, but I guess you could argue that it's one of the perks of staying on site / having EMT.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie_Mac
Earning My Ears

Question

I'd also like to know how strict they are on the age limits...

My son missed out in Florida because it was being done up for the new star wars film and he will only be a few months off 7 when we go to DLP.
Minnie_Mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Anyone going soon, this is closed from 7/5 until the end of June apparently 😩. It didn't state it under closures on the website but I read it in DLP's 'help' twitter page.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List