Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Its really about manners Gill which many Europeans don't seem to have (including us Brits).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
That's why we loved Tokyo Disneyland. Everybody sits for parades, fireworks, whatever. They even sell little mats that you put down on the pavements 1 hour before the show time. Your space is then respected. The only standing is the very back row. Means everybody can see.
Also they don't allow anything above eye level so no stupid i pads being waved in the air and no kids on shoulders - and it is all enforced!

Wowsers.

That is amazing. I need to go there.

If i could i would make people apply to go to Disney: if they ignorant/stupid/rude then they dont get in.

I would arm all the performers with taser guns for when the stupid people get too rough with them.

I would ban everyone from going, hell i would ban even myself.

Just come back from DLP. You see the worse of humanity there... occasionally you see the best when a little kid isnt forced by the stupid parents to meet a character and actually wants to meet the character. That is touching. But most of the time it is stupid people in the parks.

Depresses the hell out of me.

Edited at 01:26 PM.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Its really about manners Gill which many Europeans don't seem to have (including us Brits).
Old guy in his 70s with his grandchildren tried to cut in front of line for alice/mad hatter meet and greet.
Dont pretend that you dont know what you doing or not pretend to understand what i am saying.
I werent having that.
He got told and i stood in front of him.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I don't really have a problem with this. If people (with no disabilities) can't see while sitting, they have the option of standing. If DLP make a rule that everyone stands, all that means is that the seated people no longer have a choice. If I was sitting, and someone stood in front of me, I wouldn't argue with them, I'd just stand up. We found that was easiest for Dreams anyway - sit while waiting, then stand up for the show. (Obviously watching shows with a disability is a whole different discussion.)

I can see that enforced sitting would get everyone a better view, but I'd imagine many more visitors (elderly ones particularly) would have problems with sitting (and getting back up with any dignity!) than those who would have problems with standing for the length of a show.
What was happening was that people at the front stood up, so people behind them stood up then the people behind them sitting started arguing with the people in front standing up.

I watched from afar and just enjoyed the entertainment of it all.
Old 6 May 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
Old guy in his 70s with his grandchildren tried to cut in front of line for alice/mad hatter meet and greet.
Dont pretend that you dont know what you doing or not pretend to understand what i am saying.
I werent having that.
He got told and i stood in front of him.
I once had a mainland European Grandma, Grandpa and their son/daughter in law (late 40s) cut in from of a whole line of people (mainly families with young children) at the Mickey Meet. 😡 It's all sorts of people that have bad manners and not nation specific. But you're right it really is highlighted at theme parks, not just Disney though.

Japan, I believe, is different on so many levels though.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I once had a mainland European Grandma, Grandpa and their son/daughter in law (late 40s) cut in from of a whole line of people (mainly families with young children) at the Mickey Meet. 😡 It's all sorts of people that have bad manners and not nation specific. But you're right it really is highlighted at theme parks, not just Disney though.

Japan, I believe, is different on so many levels though.
I like the sound of Japan: rules that EVERYONE must adhere too and no messin'!
Old 6 May 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

I got into a row with a French lady when we there are Halloween. My Dd and I sat down on the pavement in front of Main Street Station, 75 minutes before the evening parade so we were in the front row.

About 10 minutes before the parade was due to start a CM came round and said we would have to pull our feet and legs in for health and safety reasons. Not that our feet were in the way of the parade, but they were on the 'road'. I'm 5ft 10 and DD is 5 ft 8, so we have very long legs and big feet! We had no choice but to stand up. It was then this French woman behind me started swearing at me for blocking her view etc.

That's the way I have always reserved a viewing spot for the parade, sat down and waited for it to begin, then stand up as it approaches, as that is always what the people around me have done.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, they have always been very strict about not having any part of your body on the 'road'. They used to stop you sitting altogether - many times I've seen them walk up and down saying "Up! Up!" even when it's a good half hour before the parade. In fact when we went to WDW in 2010 it was quite a shock to see people wandering aimlessly across Main Street a minute or so before the parade started, and sprawled all over the kerb!

Personally I would never want to sit down on the floor - I'm a big lass and I'd have trouble standing up again! We usually stand behind a bin and lean on that, so no-one can stand in front of us.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Personally I would never want to sit down on the floor - I'm a big lass and I'd have trouble standing up again! We usually stand behind a bin and lean on that, so no-one can stand in front of us.
Ah! You know my little trick Gill.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah! You know my little trick Gill.
Yes, we do this too. Most people tend to avoid bins - can't think why, lol!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List