Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I do look forward to your trip reports !
I too was made redundant after 28 years (with HMRC) It took a bit of getting used to working somewhere new but its nice being able to walk to work now ! Sometimes you dont realise you needed the change until after.

Will look forward to hearing about the trip !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Long weekend in Krakow
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
VIP Dibber

JanetteP's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great pre-trip report. I think you've definitely made the right decision with the redundancy. I retired at 50 after 20 years in the same job, and I've never looked back. I have UC, and I decided too that I didn't need the stress. I do have a hobby of couponing and bargain hunting, and that keeps me very busy indeed, together with planning our Florida trips. I love your idea of resort hopping, something I need to do too. I agree with Cherrypie - a trip to Disney Springs is a must - perhaps use a Landry's card or two for a meal at TRex or Rainforest Caf - or just for a walk around in the evening. Have a great trip Helen.

Janette
ALK, HRH Lakeside Haven September 2019, Lakeside Haven RPR May 2019. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa August 2018. SSR, Aurora Villa May 2018. Kidani AKL, RPR Champion Florida Villa 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, White Blossom & Owens Villa 2016 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW 2020
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a fantastic trip with lots of time for relaxing.

I also took redundancy from a well known high street bank about 19 months ago after 17 years service. No regrets and I am currently still at home may look for something part -time when the kids go back to school in Sept but no plans yet as its nearly summer

Looking forward to your report
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai for our 20th anniversary
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like an excellent trip I will follow along as have really enjoyed your previous trip reports. We are also Florida bound with no Disney this year and looking to do a few different things. Never heard of kings landing and kayaking will definitely have to look at that.

We have done AMI twice. Rod and Reel Pier and Sandbar both good. Sandbar I think a little expensive for what it is but it is all really about the setting so we thought worth it.
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Only Disney - POFQ + villa + Pop
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds great. Definitely go for the redundancy. Love the idea of moving around Florida.
Sept 2004 - Hampton Lakes and Madeira Beach. June 2005 - Westridge. May 2006 - Clear Creek. Apr 2007 - Crescent Lakes and Madeira Beach. Apr 2008 - Crescent Lakes. Apr 2009 - Bahama Bay. Sept 2010 - OKW. June 2011 - LBV resort and spa. Feb 2012 - Regal Palms.
disneypars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR, DISNEY DREAM AND SSR
Unread 22 Apr 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like a great trip!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday in the Sun!
Unread 22 Apr 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I am so looking forward to your trip report. Sounds like a fabulous plan. We are also staying at the Grand Plaza in st Pete for 4 nights in the summer and we are also not doing Disney this time. Sending the pixie dust for gardening leave x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs 2020 Feb half term villa chilling
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Feb half term, 1 week only
Unread 22 Apr 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

We stayed at the Grand Plaza for a couple of nights last September. We dined in the Spinners Revolving Rooftop Restaurant on the first night and Bongo's Beach Bar on the second night. Both of which we enjoyed. I booked Spinners on the hotel website months before we went which proved to be a good idea as it was full. If you do go tell them its a special evening and ask if they can seat you so that your table is looking out over the beach at sunset. Bongo's Beach Bar serves typical American food right on the beach and the portions were big. If you want more info pm me.
I've followed your adventures for the last couple of holidays and I enjoy reading your diary.

Edited at 03:13 PM.
7SeasSailor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Hhmm, is it possible?