Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 25 Apr 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This trip sounds great, we have just come back from doing NYC, St Pete Beach (stayed at Grand Plaza) & a Villa just doing Disney parks.
In hindsight I think the Universal parks would of been better for us but we wanted to do Avatar in AK.
St Pete Beach was lovely & have a look at having your breakfast at Skidders (doesn't sound great but it was by far the best breakfast we had during all of our holiday).
Me & DS also did the Star Wars VR @ Disney Springs & would highly recommend this as you would go together as a family of 4 I reckon.
AMI is on our list to do & I was actually looking at swapping our few days in St Pete to AMI a few months before we went so great that you are doing both
Have a fantastic holiday
Here's the sunset @... see if you can guess:

Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Star Wars - Easter 2020
Unread 25 Apr 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Sorry to hear about your redundancy but it sounds as if it could be for the best, to be mortgage free and have a better work life balance is living the dream!

How do you get on taking Hannah out of school, my eldest starts secondary this year and I find myself thinking I cant take him out of school, but I have booked for next year crossing a week with the October holidays and I am in the process of looking at Turkey for this September as well so that's another week out of school (your fault , I read your live report and knew I needed a chill out sunshine holiday)
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The No Disney Trip
Unread 25 Apr 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
What a lovely trip you have planned. I did chuckle at the Mums solo day bit!
Not too busy a time but also not just mooching about. The right mix in my view.
Redundancy. Mmm.
Along with nearly 75 of my colleagues I got pensioned off out of the blue when the financial crisis hit. What a shock! Best thing that ever happened to me, I would have killed myself with the hours I was working and the stress I was under if I had stayed.

Darn me 2 years later at 53 years of age my Wife got offered a package from the Civil Service. She was running up the road!
We are loving our retirement albeit the old age pension is a long way off - well for my Wife it is. I can just about see mine looming in 3+ years.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 25 Apr 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
VIP Dibber

Congratulations on the redundancy.

We are dropping Disney next year too and hopefully adding on a few beach days so will be following your reports for some tips. Enjoy your hols
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DIBB villa & Hard Rock Hotel
Unread 25 Apr 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Trying for More Ears

Got the groupon for Ifly yesterday two flights for 30 I think it was wouldn't have looked had you not mentioned it lol
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Florida for my 50TH Birthday!
Unread 27 Apr 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Love the sound of all your plans. I don't think you'll regret the redundancy, more time with the kids especially through exam times and teenage woes is always going to be a positive. Time for you to enjoy yourself as well xx
Unread 27 Apr 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Tomorrow is a dream away

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All sounds fantastic, we are hoping to be there at the same time ish as you this year if we can grab a bargain so will look out for you and the "eyebrows en flic"!

And it sounds as if it's meant to be, Helen. You simply never know what's round the corner and I honestly don't think you'll look back. Sometimes we do things because that's what we've always done, without questioning whether it's right for us and our family: good on you for being brave and taking the plunge, I really hope that you will love the freedom and liberation that comes with your choices. Pixiedust for a mid June exit!

"It is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts"

Latest dining review,

Food Glorious Food: lots of yumminess and OOLing

A Feast of Food, Cocktails, Coupons and Concierge on the Disney Dream, 2013

August 2012: Let's get this food & cocktails party started!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
FLL/MLR/Sunset Lakes/Shire at WH in
Unread 27 Apr 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
Apprentice Imagineer

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The trip sounds amazing ! Sending pixie dust for garden leave approval 👍
Attraction Tickets Direct