Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Orlando Attractions
Unread 18 Nov 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Theres a few there that we have never done either but looking forward to trying them. The other plus side of my mom coming is that for the first time ever Emma and I will be able to have a night out at Disney Springs as we have a babysitter with us!

Thanks for reading.

June/July 2019 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 27 Dec 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
Arghhhhh. Its very nearly ADR day. Its kind of snuck up on us as we were very busy with work over the last few weeks and then Christmas etc. I think we are pretty much there with what we are planning to book but may go over it once more tonight or tomorrow to make sure.

Heres where we are planning to go...

Chef Mickey (Breakfast)
Ohana
California Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Teppan Edo
Cape May Cafe
Raglan Road
Trattoria Al Forno (Breakfast)
Garden Grill
Via Napoli
Prime Time Cafe
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin
Rainforest Cafe

Have we missed anywhere that is a must do or are there any new restaurants just opened or due to open that we should take a look at?

All opinions welcome.

Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 10 Jan 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
Hello!

So ADR day has been and gone. I was at the computer bang on 11am ready to book but for the first time ever I really dont think we needed to panic. We managed to get everything we wanted at the exact time we wanted for almost all of them.

I do wonder whether a lot of people are putting off going this summer and waiting for Galaxys Edge to open instead. Although I would have liked to have seen the new area, none of us have actually ever seen a Star Wars film so we are not overly bothered and if it means that the parks are a little quieter in the summer then I'll take that!

I think the only restaurant that we swapped out from the list on my previous post was Rainforest Cafe. Instead we are now going to Yak & Yeti. We did want to try there originally but I was worried that my mom and the kids woukdnt eat anything there. Ive shown them all the menu and I think we will be ok so im quite looking forward to that one now. DW and I also really liked the look of Sanaa but that was one step too far for the kids so we left that one out.

Next we need to start looking at QS places to decide which of those we want to try. If anyone has any suggestions for QS places that are great then we would love to hear them.

170 days to go and we are starting to get excited! Joseph had his 3rd birthday this week and is now tall enough for Slinky dog which he was excited for. He needs to grow another 2 inches to be tall enough for most other stuff so we need to get him eating his greens!

Edited at 05:58 PM.
POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 23 Mar 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
I know that I havent updated this for a while but I just wanted to share this:

As we are now in to double digits Ill try and do an update tomorrow of which ADRs we have booked and what we are planning to do!

POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 19 May 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
Hello all. Its about time I updated this as we now only have 41 days to go!

So, we have done our ADRs, booked our fastpasses and started getting holiday clothes. I dont think Ive shared our ADRs here yet so here is what we have booked:

Chef Mickeys (Breakfast - First Morning)
Via Napoli
50s Prime Time Cafe
Ohana
Teppan Edo
California Grill
Cape May Cafe
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin
Garden Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Raglan Road
Yak & Yeti
Trattoria Al Forno
1900 Park Fayre (Breakfast - Last day)

Although we are doing 2 weeks on site with dining plan there is one day when we are planning to go to Sea World and on our previous trips weve always really liked Outback Steakhouse. We think we are going to go there on the way back from Sea world which means we will probably cancel Yak & Yeti from our ADRs unless any of you lovely people can tell us why we should keep it! This also allows us to add 1900 Park fayre for breakfast on our last day.

We are starting to get excited now that its getting closer although our 3 year old takes a lot of persuading to sit and watch Disney videos on YouTube with us.

On our first night once we arrive we were thinking of heading to Disney Springs to get something to eat before we go to bed. In your opinion, what is the best QS at Disney Springs? We are open to all suggestions!

POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 19 May 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You have some great adr choices. Weve got a few the same. I think a lot of dibbers will encourage you to keep yak and Yeti as its really popular. Weve got it booked for one of our AK days! 😃

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 19 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Brum26's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
You have some great adr choices. Weve got a few the same. I think a lot of dibbers will encourage you to keep yak and Yeti as its really popular. Weve got it booked for one of our AK days! 😃

Kat
Yeah I liked the look of it too and thought it may be something a bit different but Im just a bit worried that my mom and the kids might struggle as they are not particularly adventurous eaters. We havent cancelled it just yet as still weighing up options. I also liked the look of Sanaa but had the same conundrum with that one.

POFQ June/July 2019!
Unread 19 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
We've only ever done the yak and yeti QS, but I know it's very popular TS.

It's not long for you know, a little over a month to go is hardly anything I bet the next 5 weeks fly by for you.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come