Notices

Old 10 Jan 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Hello!

So ADR day has been and gone. I was at the computer bang on 11am ready to book but for the first time ever I really dont think we needed to panic. We managed to get everything we wanted at the exact time we wanted for almost all of them.

I do wonder whether a lot of people are putting off going this summer and waiting for Galaxys Edge to open instead. Although I would have liked to have seen the new area, none of us have actually ever seen a Star Wars film so we are not overly bothered and if it means that the parks are a little quieter in the summer then I'll take that!

I think the only restaurant that we swapped out from the list on my previous post was Rainforest Cafe. Instead we are now going to Yak & Yeti. We did want to try there originally but I was worried that my mom and the kids woukdnt eat anything there. Ive shown them all the menu and I think we will be ok so im quite looking forward to that one now. DW and I also really liked the look of Sanaa but that was one step too far for the kids so we left that one out.

Next we need to start looking at QS places to decide which of those we want to try. If anyone has any suggestions for QS places that are great then we would love to hear them.

170 days to go and we are starting to get excited! Joseph had his 3rd birthday this week and is now tall enough for Slinky dog which he was excited for. He needs to grow another 2 inches to be tall enough for most other stuff so we need to get him eating his greens!

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

I know that I haven’t updated this for a while but I just wanted to share this:

As we are now in to double digits I’ll try and do an update tomorrow of which ADR’s we have booked and what we are planning to do!

Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Hello all. It’s about time I updated this as we now only have 41 days to go!

So, we have done our ADR’s, booked our fastpasses and started getting holiday clothes. I don’t think I’ve shared our ADR’s here yet so here is what we have booked:

Chef Mickeys (Breakfast - First Morning)
Via Napoli
50s Prime Time Cafe
Ohana
Teppan Edo
California Grill
Cape May Cafe
Chef Art Smiths Homecomin’
Garden Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Raglan Road
Yak & Yeti
Trattoria Al Forno
1900 Park Fayre (Breakfast - Last day)

Although we are doing 2 weeks on site with dining plan there is one day when we are planning to go to Sea World and on our previous trips we’ve always really liked Outback Steakhouse. We think we are going to go there on the way back from Sea world which means we will probably cancel Yak & Yeti from our ADR’s unless any of you lovely people can tell us why we should keep it! This also allows us to add 1900 Park fayre for breakfast on our last day.

We are starting to get excited now that it’s getting closer although our 3 year old takes a lot of persuading to sit and watch Disney videos on YouTube with us.

On our first night once we arrive we were thinking of heading to Disney Springs to get something to eat before we go to bed. In your opinion, what is the best QS at Disney Springs? We are open to all suggestions!

Old 19 May 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You have some great adr choices. We’ve got a few the same. I think a lot of dibbers will encourage you to keep yak and Yeti as it’s really popular. We’ve got it booked for one of our AK days! 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
You have some great adr choices. We’ve got a few the same. I think a lot of dibbers will encourage you to keep yak and Yeti as it’s really popular. We’ve got it booked for one of our AK days! 😃

Kat
Yeah I liked the look of it too and thought it may be something a bit different but I’m just a bit worried that my mom and the kids might struggle as they are not particularly adventurous eaters. We haven’t cancelled it just yet as still weighing up options. I also liked the look of Sanaa but had the same conundrum with that one.

Old 19 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've only ever done the yak and yeti QS, but I know it's very popular TS.

It's not long for you know, a little over a month to go is hardly anything I bet the next 5 weeks fly by for you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've only ever done the yak and yeti QS, but I know it's very popular TS.

It's not long for you know, a little over a month to go is hardly anything I bet the next 5 weeks fly by for you.
If we do end up cancelling the TS then I’ll definitely try the QS Yak & Yeti. Maybe we need to watch a couple of YouTube reviews of the TS restaurant and see what we think.

I know it really isn’t long but somehow it just doesn’t come quick enough!

Old 26 May 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

34 days to go! I know that these are totally different experiences but if you had a choice of Yak & Yeti for dinner or 1900 Park Fayre for breakfast then which would you choose? We do already have some other character meals booked on our trip.

Also, we haven’t really made much of a plan of where we are going to use our quick service credits apart from one breakfast at BOG. Has anyone got any suggestions for really food QS places for breakfast or lunch?

Old 16 Jun 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
VIP Dibber

Only 13 days to go and even my Mom is starting to get excited! We’ve been watching lots of Disney vlogs on YouTube to get us excited but then in fairness we’ve been doing that pretty much since we booked it!

If you’re looking for some good ones then we absolutely loved Sophie & Dave who have just come back from their Disneymoon! We’ve also just started watching Jade Billington.

I also had a browse at InstaCart today to get a few bits delivered to the resort before we arrived, although it looks like we can’t place the order for a few days yet.

We are also planning to fax over a room request around 6 days out to try and make sure that we have connecting rooms to make life a little easier.

Finally, we’ve measured Joseph today and he is 39.5”! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make up the extra 1/2” in the next 2 weeks then we would love to hear them. He’s going to be gutted if he can’t do splash mountain!

Time to get packing!

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brum26 View Post
Only 13 days to go and even my Mom is starting to get excited! We’ve been watching lots of Disney vlogs on YouTube to get us excited but then in fairness we’ve been doing that pretty much since we booked it!

If you’re looking for some good ones then we absolutely loved Sophie & Dave who have just come back from their Disneymoon! We’ve also just started watching Jade Billington.

I also had a browse at InstaCart today to get a few bits delivered to the resort before we arrived, although it looks like we can’t place the order for a few days yet.

We are also planning to fax over a room request around 6 days out to try and make sure that we have connecting rooms to make life a little easier.

Finally, we’ve measured Joseph today and he is 39.5”! If anyone has any suggestions on how to make up the extra 1/2” in the next 2 weeks then we would love to hear them. He’s going to be gutted if he can’t do splash mountain!

Time to get packing!
Thick soles on shoes?! 😄 great to get to this stage of the countdown, did you go for 1900 park fare in the end out of interest?
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List