Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 10 Aug 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Finally So excited to read your trippie ... just realized your also pretty local to me! Newcastle airport is about 40 minutes from us!

Fab plans so far X
Thank you!

Small world eh?! x
Unread 10 Aug 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great plan Laura, I cant wait to read your report 😁 xxxx

2018- Archies First Trip to Disney
2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
Pre Trip Report
2012 - Our First Magical Trip / 2013- Florida and NYC
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our First Trip to DLP
Unread 18 Aug 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Update

Weve been a bit quiet lately as weve been away for the week with my parents and sister. We got back this morning from a lovely cottage break in Scotland. It was right in the middle of nowhere, perfect for a little break from the usual, every day routine. Total bliss!

Steven had to leave us on Tuesday evening as he had an interview on Wednesday (he got the job yay! ) but he came back yesterday and joined us for the last night.

We had a lovely time wandering the fields around the cottage and visiting little towns and villages nearby. We also had a day out at Edinburgh Zoo. It rained the whole day but it was warm so it made it a little more bearable!

One little update for our trip is that I am now going to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party on 31st October. And Im going alone! It has been the topic of discussion over the past few weeks but Steven really isnt bothered about going again (we went in 2012) and nothing is going to change his mind. Hes more interested in the Christmas party, which is why we chose to go at the very end of October so we could include a Christmas party before we leave.

I weighed up the pros and cons and ultimately decided I would do it as I dont know when Ill have the opportunity to go to in the future. It may seem selfish to go off on my own but Steven is happy for me to go without them and said he will have some daddy/daughter time with Phoebe at the hotel. I do feel a tad guilty leaving them but its only for a few hours I suppose and Phoebe will (hopefully!) have an early night ready for our photo shoot the next morning.

Im excited but also a little nervous at the prospect of wandering around on my own. Ive been desperate to see the Hocus Pocus show since it began so thats something Im really looking forward to and of course all the candy!

I think thats all for now. Fastpass day seems to be approaching quickly, I cant believe how quick the days are going!
Unread 18 Aug 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

That cottage looks lovely, so glad you had a nice time and well done Steven on the job! When does he start?

That's great that you can go alone, I'm sure you will have a fab time and as Steven says he can have quality daddy daughter time I wish we could afford to go but at 109 each it's just not feasible for the 5 of us nor is the Christmas party, but definitely planning on them next year.

It's going by so quickly now isn't it! Won't be long and we can say we go NEXT month! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip! Love that you have a family photo session booked & Phoebes first hair cut .

Having recently done a 7 hour flight wth our own 1 year old, grin and bare it, its worth it when you get there! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris
Unread 19 Aug 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
That cottage looks lovely, so glad you had a nice time and well done Steven on the job! When does he start?

That's great that you can go alone, I'm sure you will have a fab time and as Steven says he can have quality daddy daughter time I wish we could afford to go but at 109 each it's just not feasible for the 5 of us nor is the Christmas party, but definitely planning on them next year.

It's going by so quickly now isn't it! Won't be long and we can say we go NEXT month! X
Its a position within the company he already works for so he starts on Monday!

Oh I know its crazy expensive, especially for those with families. Thats why Im not sure when well be able to get back. Luckily at the moment Phoebe is free for the majority of things. I think the only thing weve paid for for her is her own seat on the plane, which we got a really good deal on.

Ive been looking at holidays for next year in Europe and its crazy how the price shoots up as shell have turned 2 by then.

X
Unread 19 Aug 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Sounds like a great trip! Love that you have a family photo session booked & Phoebes first hair cut .

Having recently done a 7 hour flight wth our own 1 year old, grin and bare it, its worth it when you get there! xx
Thats what a keep thinking. Its 9 and a bit hours out of 2 weeks...then we have the return flight to think about haha...xx
Unread 19 Aug 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Good pre trip report.

Going to keep an eye out for updates and your trip report as we go to POFQ for 2 weeks next April with our (will be then) 22 month old.

We have also upgraded to DDP and have similar restaurant choices!

Are you all having non dolphin swim day at DC?
Ocean Florida