Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 10 Mar 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear about your son and his anxiety but good to see the airports and airline are willing to put things in place to help. Hopefully making use of DAS and FP will let him, and the rest of the family, enjoy lots of lovely rides. Happy planning
2019 DCL - North Europe
2020 YC/HRH
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd trip of a lifetime!
Unread 10 Mar 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
VIP Dibber

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We too used our phone for google maps. We rented a sat navy which didnt work properly and sent us all over the place so for 4 a day charge on o2 we used the phone. Much better

2008 we first visited as a family of 4, I fell in love and our return was booked for 2010 and then 2017.
A lot had changed but 4 soon become 2 with the boys not wanting to leave their girlfriends so a solo trip for the both of us with a mix up and trip to Orlando and Miami was booked for 2018. Still not had enough, and missing the magic this year we booked for August 2020!
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Excited is a understatement!
Unread 27 Mar 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Help! We just need the holiday to come. The waiting around has brought about another change. At this rate we will have changed or moved most things round from our 'ideal' initial plan.

So, although we loved The Wave we have decided to branch out for something a bit different that we haven't done before. So we have now gone for a Boma breakfast. It has fab reviews and a massive range which will suit all of our diverse tastes.

Please...no more changes.
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4 more weeks of fun...
Unread 27 Mar 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Man v Disney View Post
Help! We just need the holiday to come. The waiting around has brought about another change. At this rate we will have changed or moved most things round from our 'ideal' initial plan.

So, although we loved The Wave we have decided to branch out for something a bit different that we haven't done before. So we have now gone for a Boma breakfast. It has fab reviews and a massive range which will suit all of our diverse tastes.

Please...no more changes.
You won't regret it! Boma breakfast is now our last day tradition, love it! 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 28 Mar 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

That's great to hear!
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4 more weeks of fun...
Unread 1 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

We have an alert set up so that if an Ohana meal comes up for our very first day - when we have Rainforest Cafe booked - to look at booking it. We missed one the other day that came up at 5.15am which had gone by the time Han had woken up and seen the notification.

Is an Ohana dinner a great start to the holiday or do we stick with our Rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs? Our first one has to be outside of a park... Questions, questions, questions...
4 more weeks of fun...
Unread 18 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Update...

Well they finally know we are going. Although they didn't discover because of some cunning detective work or any slip on our part!

A couple of weeks before the Easter break I was one of the first people to pass a car crash on one of the back roads near our village which I stopped and supported some of the people involved. Unfortunately a number of people didn't survive and I was able to help some who did but saw some pretty bad stuff. I have been fortunate that I have some friends who are trained psychologists who have helped me through. However, I had to have time off work and get my head back on track!

As a result of this I decided that life is too short for secrets and wanted the kids to know so that they can (hopefully) be excited and start to research for themselves.

So, we decided on a Hangman reveal of 5 letters. We had been telling the kids when they asked for a clue that the place we were going had 5 letters, Tampa. Well they struggled after failing with S (Spain), I (Italy) and bizarrely K (Kenya). Once they had A we had a few other failed attempts before M and T were finally followed by P. We had a strange guess of Tampac at one point too, which had us all in hysterics!

Once they saw Tampa, the trail quickly went on to Busch Gardens, Florida, Disney, Universal and Discovery Cove!

Cue endless POV youtube videos for rides as well as looking at menus and restaurants. They are both really excited and they have both been saying thank you loads since finding out, as well as telling us everything they are hoping to do. Josiah has decided on a number of his meals and Eliana has decided on quite a number of rides she wants to do.

We are so pleased that they are happy and they are so excited. At least we don't have to have talk about it in quiet whispers any more! The only secret we have now is the 5 hour Busch Gardens tour which they will love too. 94 days and counting, can't come quick enough!
4 more weeks of fun...
Unread 18 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Apprentice Imagineer

TC Devon's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Your trip sounds amazing. I look forward to following it.
My daughter (although younger) is the same with Pre ride anxiety- she bolts and will only do the very gentle rides! DAS system worked wonders for her. Although there was still quite a bit of waiting but not half as much as it could have been. We just kept her talking and entertained.
Great idea about two trips to rpr, we were going to do two consecutive nights but this will probably work a lot better. Universal also do a version of das which was another god send.

Such sad news about the accident.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just the four of us this time!