Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 15 May 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
So sorry to hear about your DD's troubles - I hope she is doing okay and at least she has you all as a great support network 👌 you have a mammoth trip planned, lots of great experiences which am sure will only be a positive thing for your DD. Can't believe we now in double digits too! 😊

Thank you! Hopedully on the road to recovery now. It is such a mammoth trip... I told everyone at dinner that there are no rest days and they can sleep on the plane! I think I'm only half joking 😂😉
It is coming round so quickly now, I'm in the part where I kind of don't want it to be here as that means it will be over!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ, Disney Dream and Cabana Bay!
Unread 15 May 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh thats such a shame your dd is feeling so sad and anxious at the moment. 😢 I have 2 teenage girls too and I worry about them all the time. Its such a difficult time for them. I honestly believe that a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. We love them so much! Is it the new school thats upset her? That along with preteen hormones can cause all sorts of issues I know. Hopefully you are coming out the other side now and on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

On the upside, you have an amazing trip planned and will have a fab time as a family. Im sure your dd will have the best time!

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Unread 18 May 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh thats such a shame your dd is feeling so sad and anxious at the moment. 😢 I have 2 teenage girls too and I worry about them all the time. Its such a difficult time for them. I honestly believe that a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child. We love them so much! Is it the new school thats upset her? That along with preteen hormones can cause all sorts of issues I know. Hopefully you are coming out the other side now and on the road to recovery. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

On the upside, you have an amazing trip planned and will have a fab time as a family. Im sure your dd will have the best time!

Kat
I think it is a mixture of the new school (which she loves), the general worry of Year 7 after SATs last year and just the usual social media worry of life :-(
The hormones are just amazing!
Fingers crossed we are on the way forward!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 May 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

That's it Disney is paid for! We officially can only eat beans on toast until we go but yipppeeeee Disney is all paid for. Just Universal tickets and hotel to pay and they are nothing in comparison to Disney! Though I do feel a bit sick paying all that money just for a holiday... this is when the nerves hit!
Unread 22 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

Annoyingly I wrote a long response and the laptop froze it :-(

I've been a bit rubbish at updating this pre trip report but this week has been busy, exciting and nerve wracking!

We went to look around a cattery which seems really nice - lady is a little crazy but the cats seem very happy with her and she spoils them! so we have our cat booked in - she will be so grumpy!

Our Universal tickets arrived a couple of weeks ago - I had a panic about the tickets when they arrived as I thought I had the wrong ones but they are correct! they are now away with the passports, I think over the next week or so I will go through all the documents and make sure I have them printed and prepared (ESTA is already completed and printed)

On Sunday I checked in for our Disney Cruise! I got a PAT of 10:45 which I thought was good as I want to be on there asap! There was no availability for the Mixology course but I knew that already from our Cruise page - they did look to create their own but it would be $40 each which is almost double the price so we said no!
I managed to book meet and greets with the Princesses and Frozen for the morning we are at Nassau. Hopefully we will be able to meet then go for a walk in Nassau and find a beach - there have been so many reports of people not being happy in Nassau due to crime and locals trying to sell to tourists I am not sure how long we will stay. We will be looking to purchase a 'you are here' mug from Starbucks and possible some sort of Nassau themed item but very low cost!

I also booked the snorkel kit and bicycle hire for Castaway Cay, we may see if we can purchase the snorkel kit here to take but we'll see how we do! Our plan for Castaway Cay will be for us to go for a bike ride in the morning then spend the rest of the day at the beach or snorkelling, I would love to spend a couple of hours at Serenity Bay but neither of my children want to go to the kids club whilst we are on the Island! I am really looking forward to going to Castaway Cay I just hope it lives up to the magic!
During the week Tiffany's opened a shop on the Dream which will be amazing to look at, there is a gorgeous Disney Cruise necklace but it's $325 so I won't be buying that!

On Wednesday it was FAST PASS day, I booked the day off on leave so I could book the passes without any interruptions - Ikea was miles quieter than it would have been in my office/desk!
So I made sure I was sat in the caf for 11:50 and waited for 12:00!

Coffee and Cake worked a treat! I managed to get pretty much everything that we wanted without any problems, the only problem I had was for Slinky Dog which I couldn't get - We only have Hollywood Studios booked for day 2 and 3 as we are avoiding it due to Galaxy's Edge. We will aim to go straight there on our first 2 days before our Toy Story Fast Passes straight after rope drop. I did also book a fast pass for Slinky for the day we go to our cruise it's at 06:55 so although it's the second day after Galaxy's Edge opens I am hoping that we can run to the fast pass then drive to the cruise

I'm slowly buying everything we need! all the toiletries, clothes etc, I bought myself some Sketchers flip flops which I have been wearing round the house, I think I will also be buying some sketchers go walks and smaller sandals. I've not managed to loose any weight which is annoying - I just cannot get myself into the mood to do it - stress at work is really not helping, I am really disappointed in myself

I've been going back and forth about MNSSHP as we loved it last time but it is 263 for one night and we have so much going on during the holiday I am not sure we can manage it at the moment!

Today I've been working through our Touring plans for each day, we currently have -
Magic Kingdom - 3 days
Animal Kingdom - 2.5 days
Epcot - 2.5 days
Hollywood Studios - 2 days
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach - 1 day each.

Hopefully we will be looking to have mornings at the park, back to the resort for pool in the afternoon then back to the park for the evenings. I am a little worried that we will miss lots and we won't manage to spend enough time in the pool or water parks.

It just feels so manic at the moment, also trying to prepare for school for next year as I know we are away in the run up.

8 weeks today until we go to the airport! just need to pay the Universal hotel and the train tickets so very nearly there!
Unread 22 Jun 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Love how your plan has evolved! 😁 hope your DD is moving in the right direction too 🤞 Sadly I am with you in the 'should have lost weight but have been c**p' department! 🙈 really need to buckle down now, less than 2 months woohoo! Good luck with your shopping and packing 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 22 Jun 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic update, I really enjoyed reading your last report. We done the 4 day cruise last year I did a trip report which was almost completed! The cruise days are there. We loved Nassau was aware it doesnt get a lot of love but seriously we had the best day. We had pre booked the Atlantis beach day which was fantastic and had a lovely lunch there. We were dropped near the cruise port and went around the shops stopping for a Starbucks before getting back on the boat, we were off all day and loved it Nassau is beautiful and the locals so friendly. Castaway Cay is lovely, we spent the whole day on the island. The bikes looked good and we had all intentions before going to cycle over to the airfield but never got round to it! You will have the most fantastic time.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
Excited about Disney

7 weeks today and we will be catching the train to Gatwick! I cannot wait! I have managed to change our booking at Cabana Bay as we had booked 7 nights but due to the cruise we need it to be 6 nights. Because of the long stay discount we are actually paying more for 1 day less!
I'm now sat outside enjoying the sun!
I've just booked our train tickets to and from Gatwick so I will print those in a minute and then look to go through all our documents making sure they are all prepared.
@GezzasGem we are so close! a couple of days and we will be going next month! I can't believe we are nearly there!
@Jessika ah so glad you enjoyed the last report! I LOVE reading trip reports, they make me so excited! I'll go and have a look at your report. Thankfully someone who is positive about Nassau! I'm still not sure what we are going to do yet - I don't really want to pay for Atlantis etc - I was hoping to walk to the nearest free beach and go there but I think I will need to look into it a bit more.

I'm spending the next few weeks at work trying to prepare for being away for 3 weeks - slightly worrying, I'm not sure i'll want to come back to my emails after being away so long!
We spoke to James' school about taking leaving - head and deputy head in full support of the trip but obviously advised it won't be approved but as under the 5 day/10 session count we shouldn't have a fine. It is really good news as I feel more relieved about it but we do have Caitlin's to advise and I'm sure they will take a different approach! Given the year we've had I was hoping they would support us but we will see!
My Magic Holiday