Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 8 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I must admit part of me is relieved we fly back 28th as hoping crowds will be smaller before 29th? Plus an excuse for another trip in a couple of years when crowds die down 😄 as you say you will at least see it - fingers crossed the boys get to ride 🤞
Yes, i am hoping that the earlier part of our trip will be quieter as people will hold off, fingers crossed for both of us! Seeing it may well just be a distant view behind a sea of people judging by how busy everyone thinks it will be
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 1 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I havent updated for ages! Suddenly it seems to be coming up fast, and I am currently trying to work out a plan for FPs as it will be time to start booking in a couple of weeks.

By our measuring Barnaby is now 102cm so should make the 40 inch rides (or at least the ones I feel he would like, maybe not ToT!)

Still not decided whether to do MNSSHP, also debating the Marvel character dining at Universal

Despite having alerts set up, i still havent been able to move Storybook Dining earlier than 8.45. I dont know whether to stick with it and hope Barnaby lasts out, or replace it with Crystal Palace or Tusker House. It was one we all really wanted to do though.

Thankfully when Sebastians school finally released their dates for next year a couple of weeks ago they do have teacher training on both the Monday and the Tuesday, so our gamble on flight dates did work out!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 1 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
That's really handy on the school dates.

I'd maybe be tempted to book an alternative meal at tusker or crystal palace, but as a back up option. If you keep the SBD adr and get lucky with a better time you can cancel the other one. I'm not an advocate of booking loads of adrs you have no intention of using, but that's not the case here you will use one or the other...

Good luck with the FP planning.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ been and gone, back to CBR
Unread 2 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's really handy on the school dates.

I'd maybe be tempted to book an alternative meal at tusker or crystal palace, but as a back up option. If you keep the SBD adr and get lucky with a better time you can cancel the other one. I'm not an advocate of booking loads of adrs you have no intention of using, but that's not the case here you will use one or the other...

Good luck with the FP planning.
Yes it is a relief on the school dates, it was cheaper to fly home on the 1st, but I had to gamble that they would have at least one teacher training. I wish schools would confirm dates sooner, Alexs did it at the start of the year but even that isnt much in advance compared to holiday planning.

I will admit that I did book a back up meal originally when I couldnt get a sensible SBD time. Im so torn as I would be sad not to do SBD, but if i cant get an earlier time it may just be very stressful with starving children and a grumpy 3 year old!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Fastpass day tomorrow for the onsite days, I think I am slowly but surely losing the plot with it all! Availability is looking much worse for FOP and Slinky than I had been expecting based on looking at things 60 days out when I did ADRs. I need to swap things around somehow but am getting in a right mess. Any suggestions welcomed! On the upside, I have now also got one anytime FP each per onsite day (excluding Pandora and Toy Story Land) after I had a moan about the upgrading magic bands fiasco, which will help a bit and give some flexibility

Sunday 18th - move from Universal to Disney late morning. Chef Mickey 2pm. Epcot late afternoon. Book Test Track (or maybe Frozen?), Figment and maybe characters?
Monday 19th - AK for EMH. I wont be able to get FOP this day, at least not at a reasonable time to fit with plans. Book Navi, Safari and Kali River, and try to cover Everest, Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur in EMH. Possibly eating at Rainforest Cafe too, but still not 100% on that
Tuesday 20th - MK, have a Tonys reservation at 12.10 with parade viewing. I thought the parade was 2, but it now seems to be 3.
Wednesday 21st - MK, with BOG breakfast at 8.20. Food plans still a mess for this day, as I have either a 1pm Crystal Palace or an 8.45pm Storybook Dining.
Thursday 22nd - Meant to be HS. However it is looking unlikely we will get an AM Slinky FP. It is also my birthday. We have a Sanaa reservation at 5. Should I dump HS for this day and go to AK again for FOP?
Friday 23rd. Garden Grill at 8.10, was planning to do Soarin straight after and stay in Epcot. But I think we will have to then go on to HS to be able to do Slinky. With hindsight, Garden Grill and Epcot might be better on one of our MK days, but I cant now get it
Unread 22 Jun 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

How did your FP day go? Nice result on the magic band issue too by the way! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 23 Jun 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
How did your FP day go? Nice result on the magic band issue too by the way! 👍
Yes, although Id still like to get the boys the magic bands I promised before I discovered what a nightmare it would be, its a nice benefit to have.

FP day wasnt great to be honest, I could only get Slinky for the evening of our last onsite day when I really want to be in our villa not in a park, and FOP only on the evening of the 21st which also messes with our plans

So I have ended up with
Sun 18th - afternoon Mission Space, Frozen, Figment
Mon 19th - morning Animation Experience (probably a nightmare with a 3 year old, but the other two will love it!), Kilimanjaro Safari, Navi River
Tues 20th - morning Space Mountain/ Dumbo (for me and Barnaby!), Buzz, Meet Mickey and Minnie)
Wed 21st - MK in the morning with no FP, AK late afternoon Kali, Everest, FOP (need to modify Everest to something else for me and Barnaby)
Thurs 22nd - morning TSM, RNR/ Disney Junior, Star Tours
Fri 23rd - morning Epcot with no FP, evening TOT and Slinky (TOT was hard to get too)
Unread 24 Jun 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes, although Id still like to get the boys the magic bands I promised before I discovered what a nightmare it would be, its a nice benefit to have.

FP day wasnt great to be honest, I could only get Slinky for the evening of our last onsite day when I really want to be in our villa not in a park, and FOP only on the evening of the 21st which also messes with our plans

So I have ended up with
Sun 18th - afternoon Mission Space, Frozen, Figment
Mon 19th - morning Animation Experience (probably a nightmare with a 3 year old, but the other two will love it!), Kilimanjaro Safari, Navi River
Tues 20th - morning Space Mountain/ Dumbo (for me and Barnaby!), Buzz, Meet Mickey and Minnie)
Wed 21st - MK in the morning with no FP, AK late afternoon Kali, Everest, FOP (need to modify Everest to something else for me and Barnaby)
Thurs 22nd - morning TSM, RNR/ Disney Junior, Star Tours
Fri 23rd - morning Epcot with no FP, evening TOT and Slinky (TOT was hard to get too)
Some good ones there, such a pain you didn't have more luck with Slinky and FOP ☹ with any luck nearer the time you will be able to modify them - keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!